I would like some support through this difficult journey

nadiq38

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You need to get some CBT counseling. You are focusing on the past, which you can't change, instead of focusing on the future. This could help n I wish you all the best, as don't let T1 control you.

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
My DN has put me on a Libre Freestyle sensor that I get on prescription. It has been a game changer for me. I just wave my phone over it and it gives me a blood sugar reading with the direction it is going. I also use the mysugr app to take the guess work out of how much insulin to inject by how many carbs I am eating. Hang in there Hun and good luck with yr degree

Reactions: nadiq38

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You need to get some CBT counseling. You are focusing on the past, which you can't change, instead of focusing on the future. This could help n I wish you all the best, as don't let T1 control you.
Hello!
I happened to see my GP yesterday and she has referred me to see a clinical psychologist. Yes I agree with you, thank you for your kind words.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My DN has put me on a Libre Freestyle sensor that I get on prescription. It has been a game changer for me. I just wave my phone over it and it gives me a blood sugar reading with the direction it is going. I also use the mysugr app to take the guess work out of how much insulin to inject by how many carbs I am eating. Hang in there Hun and good luck with yr degree
Thank you! I know some people have been getting the libres on persciption, I haven't had the chance to ask about it to my DSN because they're fully booked until June. :banghead: However my parents were funding it for me and I agree it has put diabetes into a different perspective. Oh, I didn't know about mysugr app, thank you for letting me know. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
UPDATE: a DSN has contacted me back, she did suggest me about a CGM for hypoglycemia unawareness and that i'll be living by myself for my final year of university. However she said only the consultant can push my enquiry about different technologies. they all have suggested me to lower my insulin dose, but I am at my lowest insulin dosages - anything between 2-6 units of novorapid and 4 units of Tresiba.

I have spoken to my consultant's secretary to leave my message for him, in regards to my current situation, to contact me back, because it is a matter of urgency and I won't see him until June.

I also have an appointment for therapy on the 29th April.

I am proud of myself we are some what getting somewhere. :)

nadiq38

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done. Never apologise for being persistent. People, even doctors, don't realise seriousness of type 1.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done. Never apologise for being persistent. People, even doctors, don't realise seriousness of type 1.
I agree, they don't know until you've end up in hospital for something that can we avoided.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
UPDATE: I was sent an appointment to see my DSN on 14th June, I am grateful because I'll be less stressed after my exams and essay submissions. So I guess it'll give me room to talk about the next hurdle: which is University, hypos and living by myself.