Kelly95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Work, having diabetes and bloody mushrooms!
Hi All,

I've had type 1 now for over 2 years and just recently starated getting some awful symptoms mainly when I've eaten. I've been going to the doctors for ages and finally they decided to take a stool sample and it came back with borderline IBD. They want me to repeat the test to be sure and I imagine if it comes back the same or higher they will be sending me for further investigation.

What I want to know is if it is somewhat common or linked for diabetics to gain an IBD? Or is it just pure bad luck?

Thank you,

Kelly :)

P

paltry

Hi All,

I've had type 1 now for over 2 years and just recently starated getting some awful symptoms mainly when I've eaten. I've been going to the doctors for ages and finally they decided to take a stool sample and it came back with borderline IBD. They want me to repeat the test to be sure and I imagine if it comes back the same or higher they will be sending me for further investigation.

What I want to know is if it is somewhat common or linked for diabetics to gain an IBD? Or is it just pure bad luck?

Thank you,

Kelly :)
I'm guessing that by IBD you mean inflammatory, not irritable, bowel? I don't know if it is linked although I think both can have autoimmune factors. A search for specific IBDs e.g. Crohn's might be fruitful.