iBGStar meter and support / contact number?

steveamos1234

Had an issue with my iBGStar meter today where it wouldn't charge. I thought oh well, I'll give them a call and get another meter, but was surprised to only find a contact form on their website and no telephone number?

As it happens it turns out the meter is picky about which charger you use and I've resolved the problem, but it concerns me that if the meter breaks I have to wait for someone to reply to a form which could take days.

Starting to wonder if I should move to a different meter? My previous meters were all from Bayer and I've gone through several, but they were easy to contact and a new meter was always sent next day free of charge.

I'm going to send Sanofi an email asking about support to see what they say.

steveamos1234

robert72 said:
There's a support number on this page http://www.bgstar.com/web/news/new_launches_ but not sure how up to date their website is. They lost me after I got the iPhone 5 (even with the adapter) and then Accu-Chek sent me a free Mobile meter.

Thanks for the link. I'll be interested to see how they take to reply to the web form.

Yes, I have an iphone 5 as well. I tend not to use the meter with the phone, but do upload the readings occasionally.

The thing I like the most about the ibgstar is the size. Not sure there's another meter anywhere near this small?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought it was great to have such a small meter too, but once you've got the iBGStar, tub of strips and lancing device to carry about - the all-in-one Accu-Check Mobile doesn't seem so huge - and it's a lot less faffing about to get a test done.

H

Hooked

steveamos1234 said:
robert72 said:
There's a support number on this page http://www.bgstar.com/web/news/new_launches_ but not sure how up to date their website is. They lost me after I got the iPhone 5 (even with the adapter) and then Accu-Chek sent me a free Mobile meter.

Thanks for the link. I'll be interested to see how they take to reply to the web form.

Yes, I have an iphone 5 as well. I tend not to use the meter with the phone, but do upload the readings occasionally.

The thing I like the most about the ibgstar is the size. Not sure there's another meter anywhere near this small?

When I had an issue with my meter (due to user error) I emailed them and they phoned me the next day. It took 5 days for the new meter to arrive, which was fine by me as I had a spare one touch meter. There might be a phone number in the box your meter came in?