Icelands New Sauces

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me if I wanted to use a ready made sauce ( usually make my own) it would depend on how many people the pot was meant to serve - the 2 pots I looked at had 15+ g of carbs per pot which would be way too high

Reactions: lovinglife

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For me if I wanted to use a ready made sauce ( usually make my own) it would depend on how many people the pot was meant to serve - the 2 pots I looked at had 15+ g of carbs per pot which would be way too high
Thanks, do you have a parsley sauce recipe I could use please? Got some massively reduced in price gammon yesterday!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, do you have a parsley sauce recipe I could use please? Got some massively reduced in price gammon yesterday!
Chop a load of parsley- heat some double cream (not single) or creame fraiche- which will have a few carbs but I prefer it to cream as its more acidic- once its bubbling add the parsley, stir and season - and that's it :)

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Chop a load of parsley- heat some double cream (not single) or creame fraiche- which will have a few carbs but I prefer it to cream as its more acidic- once its bubbling add the parsley, stir and season - and that's it :)
Oooh, thanks, no lemon juice or seasoning, seems too easy :-D

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Always have a tub of crème fraiche in for Mr. Zig from Aldi ;-)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.

Or pesto? Parsley, pine nuts, olive oil, parmesan, a little goes a long long way.