1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Ideas for suprise party

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by claire91, Apr 21, 2014.

1. claire91

claire91 · Member

Hello everyone!
    Im organising a little get together for my mum and dads ruby wedding annivesary. Ive thought of party games for adults. But i need some party game ideas to include a 7 and 9 year old. When looking online it has musical bumps, colouring in etc... I would like ideas of games that can include everyone. Thanks in advance.

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Pass the parcel was always a fun game to play when my kids were little and had parties and adults can play too :)

• Like Like x 5
  3. Patch13

Patch13 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

4. Crimsonclient

Crimsonclient LADA · Well-Known Member

Sleeping lions

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
    Novomix 30, Victoza, metformin 2000mg sr (but not taking them as they play havoc with my insides,

5. Opalshards

Opalshards Type 2 · Well-Known Member

How about a Pinata full of sweets or small pressies. You know blindfolded and hit it with a stick.You can get them on E-Bay or make your own. Fun for all.
    The only downside would be a load of hyper kids running around after a sugar rush. Lol,

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Pinatas-/177760/i.html?_nkw=piñata
    Or hide thing around the garden like an Easter egg hunt.

#5 Opalshards, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  6. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Charades

Not sure on my spelling here, but you have to act or mime the word

7. popsy

popsy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

If you don't mind a bit of work or can delegate what about a treasure hunt? The clues would have to easy enough for kids and maybe you could have harder ones for the adults.

Found this online:
    Duck, Duck, Goose.

Players sit in a circle. One person goes round the outside, tapping people on the head, slowly saying 'duck, duck, duck', and finally 'goose'. The goose jumps up and has to race the tapper round the circle back to the goose's seat. If the tapper loses, the goose takes over. Best for small children....I reckon adults wouldn't mind this either.

Pass the Orange (Two oranges)

Two teams sit on the floor facing each other and pass an orange down the line with their feet. If the orange touches the ground, it goes back to the start.

Good luck :)

8. Kat100

Kat100 · Guest

Kat wants to come to the party to play a few games :/

• Like Like x 2
  9. daisymoomoo

daisymoomoo Type 1 · Active Member

I have no idea what the game is called, but remember playing it at brownies and guides and more recently at a hen party & have to admit it works really well as an adults game too.

Think you'll know it as I attempt to explain it.

You will need - 2 Dice, Fork & knife, chopping board, large bar of chocolate, Hat, gloves, scarf and msc items of clothing.
    You roll the dice and when someone throws a double - they are in.
    This person has to put on all the clothes, pick up the knife and fork and attempt to cut a square of chocolate off the large bar.
    If they are successful they can keep on going to a 2nd square etc.

The turn ends when someone else throws a double - which means they drop what they are doing and quickly take off the clothes so the person's whose go it is can get 'dressed' - this bit can be pretty hilarious and gets very funny with a few people have had a drink or small children are involved.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook