IF and hypo's

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As part of my 800 cal Lent fast, I'm intermittant fasting, usually about a 13hr fast (8pm-1pm), but on days where I'm jogging in the morning I'm getting a small hypo (3.5-3.7)at around 11am, I don't really want to break the fast as it works for me (never really been a breakfast person) but I can't think of a way round it. Any advise from you experienced fasters would be most welcome. @Goonergal @bulkbiker

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Fat.

It won't stop autophagy according to Jason Fung as long as there is no carb or protein.

So black tea or coffee with butter as breakfast would do it.

I have one first thing (0430) and that sees me till evening. Might have another around 1sh if I'm hungry or my numbers go low. (my hands go cold around bg4) .

I do omad Monday to Friday. More convenient and very easy for me.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm quite happy at mid 3's blood glucose but if you are still taking all the meds in your signature then I'd be a bit careful... with no meds I'd say that would be what you are aiming for but...
edit to add.. if you can have a quick chat with the GP ask if you could maybe reduce the dose or skip a morning pill. I think that when they start the ND as well as when Dr Fung starts people on fasting they stop almost all meds aside from Metformin explain what and why you're doing it and see what they say..?

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I'm quite happy at mid 3's blood glucose but if you are still taking all the meds in your signature then I'd be a bit careful... with no meds I'd say that would be what you are aiming for but...

Can't see his sig on my phone... Singlehandedly keeping the chemist in business?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't see his sig on my phone... Singlehandedly keeping the chemist in business?
She and
Metformin 850mg x3, Forxiga 10mg, Sitagliptin, Gliclazide 80mg x4 Atarvastatin 40mg, B vitamin Complex, Multi-Vitamin, Evening Primrose

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
She and
Metformin 850mg x3, Forxiga 10mg, Sitagliptin, Gliclazide 80mg x4 Atarvastatin 40mg, B vitamin Complex, Multi-Vitamin, Evening Primrose

Limey that's a list. More like a need to tweak that lot than eat something.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you sure you mean a 13 hour fast? 8pm to 1pm is more than 13 hours.

I agree entirely with @bulkbiker about being very, very careful if you still take Gliclazide.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
edit to add.. if you can have a quick chat with the GP ask if you could maybe reduce the dose or skip a morning pill. I think that when they start the ND as well as when Dr Fung starts people on fasting they stop almost all meds aside from Metformin explain what and why you're doing it and see what they say..?
I've stopped taking my Gliclazide, (without talking to my DN naughty me) but still on met, dapa and sitagliptin. Don't want to go to see her just yet in case my numbers have a rise after I stop the fast, take all dapa and sita 1st thing (for conveinance) was wondering if moving 1/both of them would make a difference?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've stopped taking my Gliclazide, (without talking to my DN naughty me) but still on met, dapa and sitagliptin. Don't want to go to see her just yet in case my numbers have a rise after I stop the fast, take all dapa and sita 1st thing (for conveinance) was wondering if moving 1/both of them would make a difference?

Naughty naughty you indeed... and you are still going into the 3's?
Well we can't advise of course....

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One thing I should ask is do you feel ok when in the 3's or does it feel bit "off"?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @lessci sorry a bit late to this, but agree with @bulkbiker and @Bluetit1802 re your medication. Would suggest having a chat with your doc / nurse about the best way to manage the meds during a fast. Like Bulkbiker I’m happy in the 3s, but don’t have any meds to factor in. Keep us posted.