If you can't face cooking a meal...

desidiabulum

If you can't face cooking but want a tasty, low-carb meal, try the new M&S superfood cod and sweet potato bake. Only 16g carb and very filling. Worked for me, anyway. I know we're meant to avoid ready-meals and cook by ourselves with fresh ingredients, but sometimes the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Reactions: 8 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
We're not super human, so cooking from fresh isn't always a possibility, but knowing M&S offers a range with reduced carbs is great, will look out for that one sounds yummy ;)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had this last Saturday it was very nice - I added some asparagus but that's cause I'm a pig! - I have a weird timing day today so I have the chicken tikka cauli rice one for tea - it's a little higher at 20g of carbs but within my range - life doesn't always pan out like we planned and a once in a blue moon helping hand is helpful to all of us

desidiabulum

I had this last Saturday it was very nice - I added some asparagus but that's cause I'm a pig! - I have a weird timing day today so I have the chicken tikka cauli rice one for tea - it's a little higher at 20g of carbs but within my range - life doesn't always pan out like we planned and a once in a blue moon helping hand is helpful to all of us
Snap! - I added asparagus too. I know it's cheating but still in a good cause..

Reactions: 2 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had an ASDA Good & Counted Chicken & Grilled Vegetable Sizzler the other day was very palatable and reasonably low on in carbs and saturated fats enjoyed it and did not spike me.