I'm at a hiatus...HELP!

MissMac

I'm only 2 weeks into watching the carbs...I've been doing ok...thing is..I'm not overly hungry any of the time and today I really haven't been. My issue is this...SO many of the recipes I have found involve egg and cheese and to be honest I am a bit done with them both at the moment..the thought is making my guts churn :( Even eating veg or anything just made me feel unwell...I've sucked it up and just waiting for my strawberries to thaw and having some natural yoghurt..think I need a sweet thing as have always had a sweet tooth and have eaten nothing but savory. My issue is.....if I am becoming bored (I know there is loads out there but so much I don't eat grr) only 2 weeks in how am I gonna do this for life? Feeling a bit blue today, maybe a bit of the hormones floating about but right at the moment I am so bored of having to think about everything that I feel like getting the meds and being done with it...so not me!
Has anyone got any dinner recipes that do not involve ANY cheese and minimal on egg? I've looked on here and just nothng jumping out at me!! Sorry bit long winded...just struggling tonight! x

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steak and forget the vegetables.. even better food of the gods..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm only 2 weeks into watching the carbs...I've been doing ok...thing is..I'm not overly hungry any of the time and today I really haven't been. My issue is this...SO many of the recipes I have found involve egg and cheese and to be honest I am a bit done with them both at the moment..the thought is making my guts churn :( Even eating veg or anything just made me feel unwell...I've sucked it up and just waiting for my strawberries to thaw and having some natural yoghurt..think I need a sweet thing as have always had a sweet tooth and have eaten nothing but savory. My issue is.....if I am becoming bored (I know there is loads out there but so much I don't eat grr) only 2 weeks in how am I gonna do this for life? Feeling a bit blue today, maybe a bit of the hormones floating about but right at the moment I am so bored of having to think about everything that I feel like getting the meds and being done with it...so not me!
Has anyone got any dinner recipes that do not involve ANY cheese and minimal on egg? I've looked on here and just nothng jumping out at me!! Sorry bit long winded...just struggling tonight! x

So what do you like to eat? maybe we can help that way.. there's a whole world of yummy stuff old there..

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Roast dinners (minus roasties and yorkies)
Curries (any lc veg or meat)
Salads
Tofu and mushroom kebabs...
Baked stuffed peppers (stuffed with anything you like)

What were you eating before you got a diagnosis?

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Had a beautiful chinese stir fry last night with a bit of pork. Used bamboo shoots and wilted bean sprouts instead of noodles.Low carb and low cal but very tasty. Sauted garlic, ginger,and soy sauce. for the sauce. I have also found some tortillas with 7 grams net carb, spread with mayo, put ham slices and lettuce or sprouts, could also put tomato or whatever you like and roll up. Very filling and don't spike me. Would be good with tuna salad too. I also like to stir fry some chicken and green beans and add a bit of jarred alfredo sauce. I am not sure if you can get dr Oetker sugar free mousse there but I use 2 packs made with 1 1/2 cups water intead of 2 cups milk. in the mixer once it thickens I add 250 gram tub of creme freche and about 250 grams of spreadable cream cheese and mix it well. Divide into 6 servings and put in fridge. It is tasty, sweet, low carb, and quite filling as it is high fat. Looks and tastes like cheesecake filling.

JenniferG

broiled/grilled portabella mushroom with salt & olive oil, then stuffed with feta and a few nuts, grilled again for a few mins.. then garnish with scallions.

Huge salad with lots of olive oil, vinegar, black pepper, garlic powder, avaocado, cubed ham etc.

nelibonsai

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
quacks
Try t6his cake recipe of mine.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-7_8-22-43.png
    upload_2016-8-7_8-22-43.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 194
  • choc cake2.JPG
    choc cake2.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 177

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Steak chicken pork or lamb with a mushroom and mustard cream sauce.
Fry off mushrooms and thinly sliced spring onions or diced shallots in butter. When cooked to your liking add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and heat through. Pour in cream then simmer to desired thickness

MissMac

THANK YOU guys! As for what was I eating before diagnosis...well chilli's, curry, vege stuff mainly...got some bean burger things I loved (majorly high in carbs and sugars and of course beans), pizza once a week...sometimes nothing! No had not been given that link but I have now so thank you!!!! I think yesterday was a bit of a hard one as we went out for the first time in forever (I don't mean for dinner just a day out) and whilst there decided to eat and I was limited...and all I could see were my favs...waffles, pancakes etc....I know there are loads of LC options to make but when ya out and see them and then realise you cannot eat them out...man my heart broke!
As for what I eat...as say prior to this I was trying to knock out all meat but I seldom ate veg..just don't like it that much so am quite proud that I have eaten more and not bulked too much! I can only stomach chicken and occasional cow (there's a field of them in my garden so I struggle to look at the babies and then eat!) ummmm I can't have anything goat related as am allergic to goat's milk..so feta is well and truly out! I might try some stuffed peppers with mince though :) xx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes do stuffed peppers, and that's always a useful go-to for leftovers of curry ar anything else flavoursome.

Last night I had taken a portion of Keema Curry out of the freezer than didn't want cauli rice or just on it's own, so I used it as the meat element in a crackslaw. Here's an example recipe here: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/hamburger_cabbage_stirfry.html

One thing I would say about crackslaw is you can add anything you like to it and flavour it whatever way you choose, and the shredded cabbage etc., takes up those flavours. It takes no time at all, and is one of my "this fridge needs sorting/clearing" options.

It's not a looker, but boy, can it be tasty. I blame @Brunneria , she made me try it. ;)

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I never use recipes I just cook the things we like cutting out the high carb starchy and sugar stuff . I am not much of a meat eater myself never eat red meats but my husband likes it. We are both T2 pensioners my husbands diabetes was steroid induced but why I am is a mystery to my doctor as I am certainly not typical for it never overweight never a big sugar or starchy carb stuff eater and the wrong generation to be eating a lot of processed foods I have always cooked meals from fresh We eat mostly the way we did before T2 just not so much potatoes and bread and no sugar stuff. My husband likes rice and pasta so has a small portion sometimes but I have never liked them. I love all vegetables and salads always have but it is what to have with them that is more of a problem for me I do get a bit fed up sometimes with always eating chicken although it is really the only meat I like I eat fish and lots of eggs and I do love cheese of all kinds. I know if you don't like eggs and cheese it can be more difficult as diabetics seem to eat a lot of both

Last edited by a moderator: