I'm Back

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. I'm slowly getting back to normality after my big operation on May 21st. Home now but can only sit for about 20 minutes at a time at the PC as the massive scar makes it uncomfortable. Improving daily though. They do say it takes six months to a year to recover.
Hospital food was awful for diabetics, luckily I couldn't eat at all for six days and then such small amounts that my BG never went over 8. In fact I thought they had sneaked a gastric bypass in there as well, as any volume of food is still a problem. Bonus is a six kg weight loss so far!
Surgeon said they had good clear margins on the cancer so hopefully a good prognosis

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
And it's good to have you back!
It won't have been easy, I'm sure, but it does sound like things went quite well, on the whole.
Tough times, but I think you're tougher: good luck with the recovery.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to have you back. Please take it easy and do as the doctors say in order to help your recovery. Fingers crossed for the prognosis - it does sound very positive.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Dont forget, protein if you can for healing. Glad you are back.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. I'm slowly getting back to normality after my big operation on May 21st. Home now but can only sit for about 20 minutes at a time at the PC as the massive scar makes it uncomfortable. Improving daily though. They do say it takes six months to a year to recover.
Hospital food was awful for diabetics, luckily I couldn't eat at all for six days and then such small amounts that my BG never went over 8. In fact I thought they had sneaked a gastric bypass in there as well, as any volume of food is still a problem. Bonus is a six kg weight loss so far!
Surgeon said they had good clear margins on the cancer so hopefully a good prognosis

Great to see you back, Daisyduck. You must be comforted by the surgeon's optimism.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Great to see you back, lass. Remember, take it steady now.

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
Welcome back and I wish you all the best with your recovery.