im fed up

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been type 2 for about 7 years now ive lost over 3 stone im on metformin and blood pressure tablets, on diagnosis i was 84 on my blood sugar blood test i got it down over the last few years between 53 and 54 trying to aim for 48 but not managed it yet but my latest result a few weeks ago was 82 from my last blood test i made a doctors appointment and she has put me on zircon 1 in the morning and still takking metformin, i explained that the last few months have been an ordeal for me my husband nearly died in january he was in DKA and had pnemnonia he is now a type 1 and he survived but slow recovery he is 69 so it was a shock, but he has never been ill before this and always active not smoked and did not drink much but he come through it they have been a few turbulent months with it all so much so i was put off work with stress i am a a and e ambulance dispatcher so with it being a highly fast paced job i had to be off work with hospital appointments and that and i was stressed with it all and worried about work aswell as in the end was off for about 5 weeks, i asked my diabetic nurse who said this could have affected my blood sugar levels, but my gp said it should not affect my blood sugar levels i am doing everything i can to follow what i am told now this latest result seems all im doing is in vain i have to go back in six weeks for another blood test as i have been put on cholestral tabs aswell as my result was 5, i have my yearly diabetic eye check on wednesday, had my normal eye test today but pressure in one eye was 22 so got to go for another test as should be below 20 so something else to worry about, all i keep hearing is you will go blind and loose limbs its starting to get me down as honestly i am trying the best i can, Anyone felt like this before i thought i was doing well but this latest result as just got me worrying more thanks Jan

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been type 2 for about 7 years now ive lost over 3 stone im on metformin and blood pressure tablets, on diagnosis i was 84 on my blood sugar blood test i got it down over the last few years between 53 and 54 trying to aim for 48 but not managed it yet but my latest result a few weeks ago was 82 from my last blood test i made a doctors appointment and she has put me on zircon 1 in the morning and still takking metformin, i explained that the last few months have been an ordeal for me my husband nearly died in january he was in DKA and had pnemnonia he is now a type 1 and he survived but slow recovery he is 69 so it was a shock, but he has never been ill before this and always active not smoked and did not drink much but he come through it they have been a few turbulent months with it all so much so i was put off work with stress i am a a and e ambulance dispatcher so with it being a highly fast paced job i had to be off work with hospital appointments and that and i was stressed with it all and worried about work aswell as in the end was off for about 5 weeks, i asked my diabetic nurse who said this could have affected my blood sugar levels, but my gp said it should not affect my blood sugar levels i am doing everything i can to follow what i am told now this latest result seems all im doing is in vain i have to go back in six weeks for another blood test as i have been put on cholestral tabs aswell as my result was 5, i have my yearly diabetic eye check on wednesday, had my normal eye test today but pressure in one eye was 22 so got to go for another test as should be below 20 so something else to worry about, all i keep hearing is you will go blind and loose limbs its starting to get me down as honestly i am trying the best i can, Anyone felt like this before i thought i was doing well but this latest result as just got me worrying more thanks Jan

Jan - I really hate to knock doctors, but my own experience is that stress can, and does, affect my blood glucose scores. I'm very fortunate to have a life without much stress in it, but when I went through a period of a few months undergoing tests, which could have ended quite scarily, my HbA1c did go up a bit.

That your doctor has put you on an extra tablet doesn't mean you'll alwys be on it. Many on here show that it is possible to be able to drop meds. Maybe it could be beneficial to you, just to have a little extra help, whilst things settle for you both.

You've had a hard time. I can't imagine how it felt to have your husband that ill.

Take it steady, and look after yourself.

jan.steamqueen67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Jan - I really hate to knock doctors, but my own experience is that stress can, and does, affect my blood glucose scores. I'm very fortunate to have a life without much stress in it, but when I went through a period of a few months undergoing tests, which could have ended quite scarily, my HbA1c did go up a bit.

That your doctor has put you on an extra tablet doesn't mean you'll alwys be on it. Many on here show that it is possible to be able to drop meds. Maybe it could be beneficial to you, just to have a little extra help, whilst things settle for you both.

You've had a hard time. I can't imagine how it felt to have your husband that ill.

Take it steady, and look after yourself.

Thanks

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no doubts that stress does of itself raise glucose levels. Also it is harder to stay motivated and "good"/disciplined during stressful times.

So do not be too hard on yourself.

But do take note of the increase in your HbA1C and try to keep better control where you can.

Personally I have also been prescribed an additional glucose lowering medication by my doctor. In my case it was after I requested he does so. I asked for the extra help as I felt that as this is a difficult period for me with work pressures and other health concerns taking their toll trying to control my levels mainly through diet was putting too much pressure on me.

For now at least I am willing to accept the extra medication if it helps me regain control of my levels and my life.

Hopefully at a later stage I may be able to lower the medication.

What counts is to stay healthy and to be able to carry on with as normal a life as possible. How we achieve this is not as important.

Take care of yourself.

Regards

Pavlos

Reactions: Pasha

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome :)
And best wishes to your husband! That DKA must have been a terrible shock. Pneumonia too. Recovery from that is a long slow process.

Have a read of this thread.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/stress-and-blood-glucose-levels-thoughts.120075/
It is a pretty clear indication that stress does, indeed, affect blood glucose!

You mentioned that you ‘are doing everything you can to do what you’ve been told to manage your condition’.
Can I ask what it is you have been told to do?

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Stress can definitely affect BG levels. Just thinking about my MIL sends mine soaring- I’m not joking sadly!

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi Jan,
Stress not only tends to raise Blood Glucose, but it also raises Cholesterol ! Studies of Cholesterol in US accountants just before TAX year reporting and also during quiet period have proved this.

You say you have been doing everything you are told. - What is t that you have been told?
Many/Most Doctors an Diabetic Nurses are still giving the WRONG advice!

Over 4,000 people have found that LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) works for both lowering Hba1c and weight loss. Low Carb means cutting ROOT Vegetables as well as Grains and Sugar.

Many others have seen good results with the 'Newcastle Diet' if their BMI was too high.

Reactions: kitedoc

ARMO

Hi Jan,

I came across your post by accident about your type 2 diabetes, i read so i signed up so i can send you this message.

I'am a plant based nutritionist, i myself eat whole food plant based and I'm here to tell you that your type two diabetes can be reserved by Whole food planet based lifestyle. (Vegan Diet)

I strongly recommend you to watch the below you-tube conferences by Nutrition Medical Doctors: sharing the're life's studies and researched in regards of Chronic Diseases in this case Diabetes.

Below Links will expose you to the real truth of Plant Based Lifestyle and will change your lives forever, no more pills subscribed by your family doctors who mostly don't have any clue from how Diabetes disease is caused by and i'm here to tell you that's it's from what you eat every day.
:

If you want to reverse your type 2 diabetes this is the only way, by changing your lifestyle to eating whole food plant based diet.

Also i recommend to all you Type 2 Diabetics to read the following books called:

1- HOW NOT TO DIE by Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM
Founder, NutritionFacts.org

2- Defeating Diabetes Book by Brenda Davis and Tom Barnard

With regards
ARMO

Post edited to remove personal contact details.

Last edited:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
@jan.steamqueen67 could you give us a bit more information about yourself, please?

What is your current diet, what medication you are on, how is your weight, that kind of stuff.

Also, your meal patterns, as you are in a stressful and reactive job.

A lot of T2s find their BG control slips from time to time. If you fill us in a bit more we may be able to help.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jan,

I came across your post by accident about your type 2 diabetes, i read so i signed up so i can send you this message.

I'am a plant based nutritionist, i myself eat whole food plant based and I'm here to tell you that your type two diabetes can be reserved, and when i say reserved i mean by cured healed entirely by Whole food planet based lifestyle. (Vegan Diet)

I strongly recommend you to watch the below you-tube conferences by Nutrition Medical Doctors: sharing the're life's studies and researched in regards of Chronic Diseases in this case Diabetes.

Below Links will expose you to the real truth of Plant Based Lifestyle and will change your lives forever, no more pills subscribed by your family doctors who mostly don't have any clue from how Diabetes disease is caused by and i'm here to tell you that's it's from what you eat every day.
:

If you want to reverse your type 2 diabetes this is the only way, by changing your lifestyle to eating whole food plant based diet.

Also i recommend to all you Type 2 Diabetics to read the book called "HOW NOT TO DIE" by Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM
Founder, NutritionFacts.org

With regards
ARMO

Post edited to remove personal contact details.
Dear Armo
Please explain how vegetarians and vegans can develop T2 diabetes if this way of eating (WFPB) is a cure?
You must admit this would be an oddity (or maybe they just aren't doing it right)?

Reactions: Flora123

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Armo
Please explain how vegetarians and vegans can develop T2 diabetes if this way of eating (WFPB) is a cure?
You must admit this would be an oddity (or maybe they just aren't doing it right)?

Yes @ARMO I’d like to know as well. As a slim vegetarian (which was predominantly vegan), how could I develop T2 if you claim it heals it. Genuine question.

Edited to add I went to normal figures within three months by changing to LCHF and eating meat and dairy. Something I struggled with to start but got over it and definitely worth it. Feeling soooo much better in myself too.

ARMO

Dear Armo

Dear bulkbiker,

That's very simple to answer, because they're not doing it right plain and simple, in order to adapt any kind of diet if it is Vegan, Keto or Paleo you must research it thoroughly, study and learn how to execute and transition to that specific diet lifestyle.

My mother was a type 2 diabetic for the past 12 years, after adapting whole food plant based lifestyle she was able to reverse the disease entirely, she's now 69 years of age and she's now even able to go out for long hours walking, no more pills, no more insulin dependent, she use to have also high cholesterol and high blood pressure so she was on meds for that as well, she's now entirely off medication. i was able to help my mom with simple nutrition transition and all this within 2 months, her family doctor was speechless after she seeing all the test results after she two months only going on Plant Based Diet.

I highly recommend for you to sit down and watch all the links i mentioned above, and i guarantee you it will change your life, not just you will drop all the pharma pills your on currently you will see another world that will open up in which we were all blind to since birth.

all the best,
ARMO

ARMO

Yes @ARMO I’d like to know as well. As a slim vegetarian (which was predominantly vegan), how could I develop T2 if you claim it heals it. Genuine question.

Edited to add I went to normal figures within three months by changing to LCHF and eating meat and dairy. Something I struggled with to start but got over it and definitely worth it. Feeling soooo much better in myself too.

Please watch the video links i mentioned in my first post, it will answer all your questions i promise you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ARMO

I think your posts are starting to derail @jan.steamqueen67 ’s thread which would be a pity.
She posted about her current issues, and this thread is as much about her stressful life as it is about her diabetes, and not everyone wants to make the fundamental change to veganism under such circumstances, especially when stress levels are already through the roof.

So if you wish to continue discussing how you believe veganism can ‘cure’ type 2 diabetes, please do so in another thread.

Perhaps you can start by explaining what criteria you use to define the ‘cure’?
And then hopefully provide some links and references to some studies and stats showing this ‘cure’ of type 2s on a vegan diet and the numbers who have been verified as ‘cured’, with detail on their way of eating, their blood test results, the timescale of the ‘cure’, how long they have maintained the ‘cure’ compared with control groups of non vegans and vegans who are ‘doing it wrong’.

The Newcastle Diet (DIRECT) and Virta are both publishing excellent data on their impressive (and non-vegan) T2 remission successes. If you are claiming a ‘cure’ then I assume you have comprehensive data for comparison.

I realise that you have posted a few video links from a conference, but I am hoping you have some hard data and can provide links to the studies showing this. I’m afraid that hours of video conference isn’t something I have time to sit through.

ShortStuff

I’m surprised the site allows this blatant advertising tbh.

‘Not doing it right’

Sure, that’s why our BGL’s are ‘normal’

Oh and my world is just fine thanks.