I'm Type2

mandyd2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had diabetes for 13yrs and I don't kno much my sugar levels have BN high all the time but suddenly thy have dropped really low can any1tell way thy shuffle be

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Welcome @mandyd2 . If you are concerned about the drop or feel ill then seek a medical opinion but in the meantime we need a little more information to be able to help you. Have you changed anything in your diet/medication/ amount of exercise taken? What medication are you taking? How do you know that your sugar levels have dropped? Are you testing with your own monitor after each meal? What do you mean by 'really low'?

mandyd2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My name is Amanda but get called Mandy I've had diabetes since2005 and never got told much any them thy just handed me a big book for me to read I'm really confused and not feeling to good as thy r dropping to. Quick yea I do my sugar levels before I eat like I was told to do I'm getting systoms like sore head dizzy shaley light headed and feeling sick

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick yea I do my sugar levels before I eat like I was told to do I'm getting systoms like sore head dizzy shaley light headed and feeling sick

When do you get these feelings? It could equally be high sugar levels causing this, or something unrelated to diabetes.
Do you test when you feel like this, and what levels do you see?
What medications are you on?

mandyd2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Mostly all the time my sugars were high all the time but some how thy have droped

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Have you just started to take insulin?

Your symptoms could be because your blood sugar is too low, either a hypo or a "false hypo". Non diabetics keep their blood sugars between 4 and 7 : if you take insulin and your blood sugar goes below 4 you can go hypoglycaemic: your brain does not have enough energy in it and you can even pass out if you don't ingest sugar. A false hypo means you feel as though you're hypo but your blood sugar is actually in normal range: this happens when you've been having very high blood sugars and you start to go down to normal levels, it passes once your body has got used to those normal levels.

What are your blood sugars when you get these symptoms? Your medical carer really should have told you about hypos if you're on insulin. If your blood sugar goes to less than 4 then you need to take something sugary immediately. (Glucose tablets are ideal but a sweet (non-diet) drink would do as well, even a biscuit would be better than nothing.)

Please contact your medical practitioner urgently about your symptoms: you may need to adjust your insulin dose.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
It could be many things but at a hunch it sounds like your insulin is not matched to your carbohydrate intake. Maybe the dose is too high. You need to go to your clinic and be educated on matching insulin dose to carb intake if that is indeed the problem.
Glenn

Reactions: 26Aphrodite