Improving

kevsta

Does anyone have any suggestions for a yogurt,

As I’ve been wanting one for awhile but worried about the carbs and sugar

I have already given up bread , rice , pasta

Also since been trying to curve my weight I can finally say by not eat chocolate, crisps and other rubbish my weight is actually falling off me as 12/4/2020 - 16st and just weighed myself now I’m
14st 3.6lbs

I think having the nurse tell me she is giving me 3 months to sort this out is definitely helping

Last night I had **** bowl but with just cauliflower rice

It was still nice just different and I didn’t feel bloated either which was quite a nice feeling just had my breakfast
IMG_1635148454.902535.jpg
had 2 of these bad boys which tasted really nice

And I feel my craving has slightly curb but still I have to keep telling myself it’s not a race and everything in moderation

I just need to get into the habit of pricking my finger !

Z_e_u_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried many (many) yogurts out there and one that I keep stacking in my fridge is Alpro 0 sugar : https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/alpro--/alpro-plain-unsweetened-yogurt-500g

Obviously is bland but nothing a few berries can't fix.

To get more fat in my breakfast I sometime mix it with other yogurts, right now being Skyr 5% fat (it's on offer in Sainsbury's right now).

The more fat in the yogurt the more dense it will be so a bit difficult to mix other stuff with it hence I add the Alpro no sugar if I go for fatty yogurts.

Fage so far is the one I like the least but I guess it's down to personal taste; the options are there, you just need to find what suits your taste better.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone have any suggestions for a yogurt,

As I’ve been wanting one for awhile but worried about the carbs and sugar

I have already given up bread , rice , pasta

Also since been trying to curve my weight I can finally say by not eat chocolate, crisps and other rubbish my weight is actually falling off me as 12/4/2020 - 16st and just weighed myself now I’m
14st 3.6lbs

I think having the nurse tell me she is giving me 3 months to sort this out is definitely helping

Last night I had **** bowl but with just cauliflower rice

It was still nice just different and I didn’t feel bloated either which was quite a nice feeling just had my breakfast View attachment 51755 had 2 of these bad boys which tasted really nice

And I feel my craving has slightly curb but still I have to keep telling myself it’s not a race and everything in moderation

I just need to get into the habit of pricking my finger !
Both Sainsbury's and Lidl do a plain Greek yoghurt. I don't eat it myself but informed opinion in this house says they are the best. Lidl is considerably less expensive but the Sainsbury's apparently tastes a bit better. No additions iirc.

Reactions: pinkfoot

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl do a creamy greek yoghurt. The ingredients say 25% cream. It's really thick and luxurious.
Their ordinary greek yoghurt is ok too, but the creamy one really feels like a treat

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t like Greek yogurt so buy alpro plain yogurt with coconut then add dessicated coconut, nuts, seeds & a few berries

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Another vote for the Lidl one from me, it's creamy, delicious and full fat.
I think most yoghurt is ok carb wise, the amount of carbs may differ by 2 or 3g of carbs per100g between the different brands. Hardly enough to make any real difference so just avoid the low fat, flavoured ones and find one you like at the price you can afford.

Tannith

BANNED
Both Sainsbury's and Lidl do a plain Greek yoghurt. I don't eat it myself but informed opinion in this house says they are the best. Lidl is considerably less expensive but the Sainsbury's apparently tastes a bit better. No additions iirc.
I love the Lidl one - it's my favourite! But alas I haven't had any Lidl food since the pandemic began. They don't deliver - at least not round here. And I don't go out except for medical appointments. I'm sure it's just a matter of personal taste which one you like. Greek ones are thicker as they strain off some of the liquid.
I've always preferred plain to flavoured. And unfortunately I don't like the low fat one - which also doesn't keep as well. So my liking for full fat does increase my saturated fat intake. Not good for T2s I think - as we have a higher proportion of the bad sort of LDL (VLDL2) than normoglycaemics for some reason.