In a panic

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Yes ... of course ... i get stressed and panic easily, but then I cannot help the way that I am.
After 8 months of thinking about it I've finally purchased a Codefree BG meter.
But I have no idea how to set it all up.
The instructions are in the 82 page!!! booklet but I just don't understand them.
After a couple of days of trying to read it slowly but still failing, I took it to my 21 year old techo wizzard daughter and guess what! She doesn't know how to do it either!!!
How on earth do other people manage to set up their meters?
Does their doctor or diabetic nurse do it?
I cannot ask either of them, since they refused me a meter saying I didn't have type 1 so they wouldn't issue me with one, hence I bought one.
Any tips would be so helpful please or else I've just wasted my money :(

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I was the same when I got my codefree meter, I just couldn't, t understand the long instructions.
I have have been using my meter for 2 years without ever putting in any information

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I only ever used mine to test my bs levels .. never bothered to even look at the rest of the stuff it can do .. I have a note book and pen to record my levels and a watch to see when I need to retest !!!!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just prick my finger push in a test strip that turns it on, "push" the blood up the strip and wait for the reading which then goes onto my spreadsheet. Can it do other things?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just prick my finger push in a test strip that turns it on, "push" the blood up the strip and wait for the reading which then goes onto my spreadsheet. Can it do other things?
You can set up the date and time and a beep to remind you to test. Having done that then if you get the software and upload your results you can get graphs that make a bit more sense .............or you can just stick in a strip and test your blood.