Type 2 Increasing weight with T2

Livefree

Hi Everyone i was diagnosed T2 last year and have been struggling to keep BG under control. I have lost around 30 lbs and i am a little underweight now. So i need your inputs on how to increase my weight as i look too skinny now. 20 of those 30 lbs i lost was due to diabetes and 10lbs because os LCHF.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
What makes you think you lost 20lbs due to diabetes?

Kittycat_7_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
I lost weight too because of high blood glucose. You could ask to see a dietitian.
Try eating more protein.
How are your BM's if you test?
Take care

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're a T2, eating LCHF and also losing weight, definitely try a bit more fatty food. But it may also be worth seeing your DSN or GP too.

Robbity

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To compensate for the loss in calories from carbs (if you have cut your carbs), you have to increase the calories from the only two other sources - fats and protein. I was able to add a few pounds and then stabilise mainly by adding extra eggs and cheese, plus butter. It was a tricky balancing act, and took me several weeks to find the right balance, but got there in the end. That was over 3 years ago and I have maintained ever since.

It is not a good idea to increase fats unless you are low carb. Carbs plus fats is not at all wise.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you like it try Greek yogurt, full fat, with desiccated coconut and a small amount of any mix of frozen fruit which is low carb enough for you to cope with - the one I get is 6.9 percent carbs. mix in the coconut then add the berries and leave to mature for a little while - otherwise the coconut is a bit hard and dry for my tastes. It is easy to eat as a dessert but I need to use a small bowl or it will increase my weight.
I should definitely still be losing weight.
Remember, though, that looking thin is relative - just because the average person is a bit heavy these days it is not something to be sought after.