ian4468

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupidity and ignorance
I have a query:

For the last few years, I seemed to suffer, every other day with heartburn, sometimes (without medication) it could last all day or night; however since having a major blood sugar episode (blood sugar of 85), and my diagnosis/intro to the world of the big "D" (Type1), I haven't had a single episode of heartburn.

Now as strange as this this may seem, is the above connected or merely coincidence?

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I do not know the answer, but Someone on here will reply when the U.K. wakes up. It does sound to me as if your diabetes medicine is also solving your heartburn problem, what does your doctor say ?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I don't know. Maybe you might be right. I used to suffer from it severely and often. I would be in agony. I would take 2 double strength zantacs and wait 10 - 20 or more minutes for it to subside. Then discovered apple cider vinegar about 7 or 8 yrs ago and no more acid re-flux. Gone!

lindisfel

Expert
I have a query:

For the last few years, I seemed to suffer, every other day with heartburn, sometimes (without medication) it could last all day or night; however since having a major blood sugar episode (blood sugar of 85), and my diagnosis/intro to the world of the big "D" (Type1), I haven't had a single episode of heartburn.

Now as strange as this this may seem, is the above connected or merely coincidence?
It's not a coincidence.
I think this may be related to the effect of refined carbs and sugars on the small bowel.
Eat these and one's biome in the small bowel causes these problems because flora of the early part of bowel changes.
This is from memory so check what I said out.
Derek