Induction - when do they make the call?

Elc1112

Hi all,

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant - gone so quickly! I had a scan at 28 weeks and have another one at 32 weeks. At all the previous scans, the baby has been on or around the 50th percentile. I have already been told then, with me being diabetic, they will want to deliver the baby early. Unless nature takes its course, I'm aware that this will likely mean an induction.

I'm just wondering when they tend to make the call as to when they induce? I realise it will probably differ from pregnancy to pregnancy, but it'd be really useful to hear from those of you who have been through this before. It'd really help calm my crazy pregnant lady hormones!

Many thanks,
Em

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You should be getting a 36w scan also? I was told that's when the decision would be made for me, although that didn't happen in my case they were happy as things were so are leaving me till Monday when I'm having another scan - will be 37+5 and deciding then but have been told to go prepared with my bags.. I'm finding it really irritating now when everyone is telling me 'oh this time next week you might have your baby' but everything is irritating me at the minute haha xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Elc1112

Yes, I have been told that I will have a 36 week scan, possibly another one before then depending on how she is growing and so on. I know not many woman know exactly when their baby will arrive but it's been driving me mad recently, especially when people keep saying "this time in X weeks", as you said!

Hope you're next scan goes well, and that you're all set. I still feel completely clueless haha. Hoping that it all just comes naturally once the baby arrives :)

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was told around 33/34 weeks at my regular appointment. I'd asked because I wanted to plan what day it was, and then my OB decided a day in consultation with me, and I was booked in then :)

Elc1112

Thanks, @azure. I'm definitely getting impatient now! Hopefully they will give me a date soon, although I am hopeful that nature will take its course before having to be induced. I can live in hope :)

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, I have been told that I will have a 36 week scan, possibly another one before then depending on how she is growing and so on. I know not many woman know exactly when their baby will arrive but it's been driving me mad recently, especially when people keep saying "this time in X weeks", as you said!

Hope you're next scan goes well, and that you're all set. I still feel completely clueless haha. Hoping that it all just comes naturally once the baby arrives :)

Yeah I still feel completely clueless too n I'm days away from her arriving now

Thanks I'm counting down the hours till Monday morning now cos I want to know what's going on, I'm a 'planner' so not knowing is driving me insane even though like you say most women don't have the option of being told 'right your baby will arrive on this day etc'

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Elc1112

I know exactly how you feel. I've never been the most patient of people, and the not knowing is making me crazy at the minute! I've recently gone into a bit of a frenzy - cleaning everything (house, car, dog all included!), throwing things out as I have convinced myself we need more drawer space (completely illogical, but never mind)... My husband is as keen as I am to know when this craziness with end haha.

Let us know how Monday goes :) xx