Infusion set problems

puppychomp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im new here so hopefully this is in the right place.

I use a medtronic 630g and i did a set change a few days ago, except i didnt actually do a set change and i just plugged the new tubing into my old infusion set sticker thing because i hate the inserter. So ive had it in for 6 days instead of 3. I know i shouldnt have done that but i did and i wont do it again

Everything was fine until i took it off a few minutes ago and the hole where the cannula was started to form a drop of pus. I wiped it off and nothing else happened. No more pus and no blood or anything. I put a bandaid on it but now im worried.

Has that ever happened to anyone else before? Is it infected? It doesnt hurt. Should i put cream or something on it? It didnt look more red than usual but the pus surprised me i guess

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
You need to put a hot compress on it a few times a day to draw out any muck ad keep an eye on things if it starts to get very red or more pus appears then see your GP.

As you don't like your inserter the easiest thing to do is change to a cannula that doesn't need an inserter problem solved :)

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Take care and keep and eye on it as suggested.

I change every 2 days rather than 3, not only because of infection risk but also the amount of insulin going into a single place.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Keep an eye on it, but instead of using the inserter, have you tried just inserting the cannula by hand? I found the inserter horrible and now just push the cannula in by hand and find it a lot easier. My wife still finds it a bit squeamish !!