Injecting lantus - bleeding...

Flakey Bake

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was still injecting Lantus I always used my but. Occasionally had bleeding but not often.

Had more times where it stung. Sometimes it would not start stinging until around 30 minutes later. I did read something at one point which said this was to do with how Lantus works.
I believe it crystalizes subcutaneously after injecting, as a result of pH change. The crystals slow dissolve overtime, hence the long-lasting, slow release effect. The formation of the crystals can cause stinging. I often find it can start stinging several minutes after injecting, but it is nothing I can't live with.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe it crystalizes subcutaneously after injecting, as a result of pH change. The crystals slow dissolve overtime, hence the long-lasting, slow release effect. The formation of the crystals can cause stinging. I often find it can start stinging several minutes after injecting, but it is nothing I can't live with.
No it was never an issue but luckily it is not something I need to worry about now.

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m getting pea sized lumps when I inject my Lantus and it really stings and bleeds a little. Dsn is hopefully changing prescription.
I’d try injecting into my backside but I find the angle quite difficult and can’t keep my hand steady enough!