Injection site, when safe to use same spot

Jerry1980

Hi, I have recently increased my daily # of injections and work my injections around in a pattern as to not inject in the same spot too soon. (Stomach only)

I’m trying to find out when exactly is too soon. I.e is it okay to inject in the same spot every two or three days?

I’ve tried finding out online but they just say not in the same spot to avoid issues. But don’t give a time frame of when okay to inject in the same spot.

Thanks in advance

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I rotate over several days. People vary greatly on how their flesh responds to injections.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
If you Google - insulin injection sites - you can have access to many++ diagrams with grids on, they can be downloaded too. I really like BD grid.
Six weeks ago I was advised to only use my sub-umbilical area for 4 daily injections. The thought did cause me anxiety. Now I'm good, same place now every 7th day, which I think is good enough.

JPW1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I used by stomach exclusively for a few weeks but now I have a king of pattern where I rotate bolus around belly, kind of waist at sides and back (where I can reach to at least) and upper arms. I do my basal injections below the belt so to speak! i.e hips thighs, front and back. I don't know if that division of basal and bolus is good bad or indifferent, I think I just read somewhere that lower area's have slower absorption so may not be as good for fast acting. The BD guidance is really useful

Reactions: Struma

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Hi all in the past I’ve been totally guilty of using same area (belly) mainly through habit and cos it’s easier , however I did find I was getting lumps plus poor control due to storage etc.
so now I rotate. Using legs and stomach using this regime I find that it’s at least a week before I get back to original site and even then it’s not in same place ,
Injection sites do have an effect on control , so like the swivel necked owl rotation is the name of the game