Insight pumps being recalled

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Pretty sure all pumps supplied to the NHS have to have a 4 yr warranty with them.
It could well be that I had had the Accu-Chek Insight for four years. Years go past quicker than I realise. Anyhow, in February 2022, my pump started to display 'out of warranty; contact Accu-Chek'. It still works, though.

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello Elena, I seem to have these a lot now, ups and down and very highs for long periods, Novo Nordisk still ignoring the situation, and haven’t bothered to answer me.

There are problems with both items, as we all now know and a combination of the pair, is putting lives at risk.

I too am going on the tslim in September now as there are no “reps” to show me how to use the pump, I said I’ll do it alone and muddle through, but the hospital said no, but I do understand that why.

I’ve asked to be completely removed from novo rapid, as I no longer have any faith in their products.

I hope you have success in filling the cartridge, it can only become easier with time, but remember, you are now rid of accu-chek and the Novo Nordisk vials.

I do miss the simplicity of inserting cartridges with the A-C Insight.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could well be that I had had the Accu-Chek Insight for four years. Years go past quicker than I realise. Anyhow, in February 2022, my pump started to display 'out of warranty; contact Accu-Chek'. It still works, though.

Ah yes that warning comes up 4 years after its first activated.

\Daf/

I get my tslim September, I’m off to the hospital this Friday (1st July) to pick it, I wanted it earlier, but there are no reps to show me how to use it…..?

Last edited:

\Daf/

I do miss the simplicity of inserting cartridges with the A-C Insight.

I won’t, I want to know there are no bubbles in the insulin, knowing and the pump working correctly! All the highs after changing.

The vials are so small, I change every other day, ridiculous, and then I purge the line to remove the bubbles, nah, been on this for 8 loooong years,enough is enough for me.

But I do understand, like you the simplicity of things, just never worked out for me.