Insight Tender with Insight Pump

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone advised if they have used a Insight Tender Cannula? I normally use Insight flex infusion set keep getting ridiculously high levels I personally think there is an issue with my injection sights and it’s not getting properly. So hospital and Roche have suggested I try tender instead although it’s recommended for Slender people which at 12.5 stone I am not and also for physically active people!! It’s a 13mm needle to be inserted manually which I’m being a wuss about! tia

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
It sounds like it’s similar to mm’s silhouette infusion set. I use that. It goes in on an angle. I always pinch up my skin with one hand to insert it with the other, because it is long. But after it’s down, it’s less likely to kink or occlude shut than a set that goes in at a 90 degree angle.

I still can’t say it perfect. But it is better.

Like any insulin delivering thing, it’s just got to get through the skin layer. So the length of it is arbitrary. It just has to get through the thickness of the skin.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
There are people that think that the marketing company name makes all of there own stuff. But in the infusion set world, Unomedical makes a majority of them. How they connect is the only thing that makes them different.

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ah that’s interesting to know thank you for your help Roche should be sending out Tender for me to trial with my DSN next week!

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Tracyann35

Have you tried other length flex's, I use 6mm but also have a few 10mm's too.

I've been IDD since 1970 and there are a few places that I struggle with, my thighs are not so good after many years of poor rotation. I now use my stomach and my arms, arms are great but there are one or two places around my waist where I sometimes find absorption is poor. If I hit one of these then I normally have to move/replace after few hours.

Can't really help on the Tenders, seem to recall using them for short time many years ago but never got on with them.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope the Tender works for you but wondered if you'd tried other sites for your infusion e.g. back (if flexible enough to reach!)? Also assuming that you've tried all other obvious reasons for high bgs such as a low level infection causing insulin resistance? Sudden weight gain? etc. etc.
I also use the Insiqght though not the Slender.
I wonder if it is the delivery system that is at fault but the only way to test that hypothesis would be to take a 'doors to manual' approach and deliver your insulin by pen again. Might be worth seeing what happens for a day or 2 perhaps?

Nomi

I use the tenders. I had the flex but used to find They blocked up on me a lot. The tender is better for that, you just have to insert them without an applicator which at times can be a bit tricky.
I have found recently that they have made the adhesive extra sticky so I would recommend a barrier spray so you don’t take your skin off with the canula when you remove it.