tan800

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
running
I noticed some Instant Coffees ( 3 in 1) contain rather high sugar, 30-50%:(
Hope someone can share tips on how to choose right instant coffee? Or have you ever
tried to test BG level after taking instant coffee?

Thanks

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I drink black nescafe coffee, almost 2 spoonfuls in each mug and haven,t noticed any difference with levels

D

Deleted member 308541

I drink black nescafe coffee, almost 2 spoonfuls in each mug and haven,t noticed any difference with levels
I am the same the first two mugs of black coffee in the morning, are double spoon fulls of Robert Timms granulated coffee with no sugar.

It has never affected my bgl.

D

Deleted member 308541

Or have you ever
I posted this pix in October when this coffee question was asked then.

Coffee is not a problem for me, the only way to find out for yourself is to test before and after drinking it.

xjQohGm.png

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope someone can share tips on how to choose right instant coffee? Or have you ever

Thanks
Thats because one of the three is sugar I think..
I take my coffee with double cream and nothing else..

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you talking about Latte or Cappuccino in packets yes that does have sugar a good plain instant coffee is best

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If you get any instant coffee in a jar or packet it should not effect you B.S. levels add milk/cream and sweetener NOT SUGAR to taste
Any Coffee that says 3 in 1 will probably be Coffee /Powdered Milk / Sugar. I have never seen one with sweetener instead of sugar.
One thing if you buy the ingredients separately it will save you Money

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I use Douwe Egberts instant decaff, zero carbs (zero anything!) with double cream. A lovely coffee for the price and it has zero effects on my bg levels. Job's a goodun'.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
*grumble grumble*
I'm on non-stop decaf till I can get my blood pressure down a bit.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am partial to a double shot espresso on occasion no milk no sugar sometimes maybe a little sweetener.

rider

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Thanks
Try the unsweetened ones if that suits your palate. Add stevia or other sweeteners if needed.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The 3 in 1 coffees are inherently sugary, and probably unsuitable for most of us. I used to like the nescafe 2 in 1, but that also turned out to be quite sugary. Like Bulkbiker says above, one of the 3 is sugar, but on top of that, another one of the 3 is non-dairy creamer, which is usually glucose based: that means the unsweetened 2 in 1 is also surprisingly sugary, even though it doesn't taste like it. The last one of the 3 is coffee though, and that should be fine. Just get a jar of good instant and put cream in it if you don't like it black