Insulin levels not lowering

mortigger1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi al.despite doing low carb since january my sugars are nlt moving its like they are stuck in a like a cog because they wont budge from 12 to 14 whatever i eat or do (likr swimmimg gym etc ) im at a loss as to what to do

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi al.despite doing low carb since january my sugars are nlt moving its like they are stuck in a like a cog because they wont budge from 12 to 14 whatever i eat or do (likr swimmimg gym etc ) im at a loss as to what to do
Can you tell us everything you ate yesterday please. We might be able to tweak something for you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @mortigger1968

Would be very interested to know what you are eating.
Sometimes the carbs sneak in almost invisibly, especially if we are new to Low Carbing.

Could you also just clarify whether you are on insulin or not?
We have a glitch on the forum software, that sometimes means people's profiles show then as insulin dependent T2 when they aren't. And your profile says you are on oral tables, metformin, but also says you are insulin dependent.

You may well get different responses, depending what mediation you are on :)

Thanks!

Edited to add the question about insulin use.

Last edited:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I suggest contacting your GP or nurse, as low carb usually reduces blood glucose very effectively, for those with type two diabetes.
To be getting high readings could mean that you are low on insulin, it needs investigating.

Reactions: Lynnzhealth

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I had amazing success with LCHF, I “cured” myself, then I became uncured, and slowly declined over years into very uncured, I then had high blood sugar whatever I ate and even when I didnt eat. I have no answers im afraid but I feel your pain and empathize, hope you find an answer and try to be patient with folks who know all the answers

Reactions: Speedbird

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had amazing success with LCHF, I “cured” myself, then I became uncured, and slowly declined over years into very uncured, I then had high blood sugar whatever I ate and even when I didnt eat. I have no answers im afraid but I feel your pain and empathize, hope you find an answer and try to be patient with folks who know all the answers
Oh, very sorry. That's not good. I hope that's not what is happening with me and that I get answers soon.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, very sorry. That's not good. I hope that's not what is happening with me and that I get answers soon.
Oh dear, wasnt trying to frighten you, im fine! Happy, fit and well, I was just saying that for me, lchf was not a fix all

Reactions: Lynnzhealth

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, wasnt trying to frighten you, im fine! Happy, fit and well, I was just saying that for me, lchf was not a fix all

Fenn when I read your post earlier, I was confused as to what point you were making. Thanks for clarifying.

I do understand that diet needs to be individualized and that is exactly what I assist our diabetes group's members in doing, but without knowing what you were eating when the low carb diet failed you, I have almost no information to understand why it failed.

Were you tested for MODY or LADA? These two condition do require medication and/or insulin in many cases.

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @mortigger1968

Would be very interested to know what you are eating.
Sometimes the carbs sneak in almost invisibly, especially if we are new to Low Carbing.

Could you also just clarify whether you are on insulin or not?
We have a glitch on the forum software, that sometimes means people's profiles show then as insulin dependent T2 when they aren't. And your profile says you are on oral tables, metformin, but also says you are insulin dependent.

You may well get different responses, depending what mediation you are on :)

Thanks!

Edited to add the question about insulin use.
Sorry, I didn't notice this was addressed to mortigger1968.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Fenn when I read your post earlier, I was confused as to what point you were making. Thanks for clarifying.

I do understand that diet needs to be individualized and that is exactly what I assist our diabetes group's members in doing, but without knowing what you were eating when the low carb diet failed you, I have almost no information to understand why it failed.

Were you tested for MODY or LADA? These two condition do require medication and/or insulin in many cases.
Im sorry if I gave the impression I needed help, I was just trying to make people feel like they weren't alone when a diet didnt work for them long term, so I gave my experience as an example, more out of empathy than anything else, the help I would like, no one can give me, I get told to talk to my dn or doc hehe

I kind of regret getting involved now so will leave you guys to it.