Insulin Packaging

deborahjayne7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have recently picked up my usual prescription of insulin and all the packaging, including the cartridges are in a language that looks like Polish or Russian, although I am guessing as I am not an expert. This is the first time in over 25 years that this has happened and I was wondering if it has happened to anyone else. My main concerns are: Is it genuine? and how do I know it works the same as the insulin I am used to? The cartridges are covered in tiny stickers in English on the foil packaging that just confirm the name of the insulin. Can any one help? Many thanks

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Which pharmacist? A high street chain or an independent (if there are any left)?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
If I hadn't seen the reply from @azure I think I would have suggested that you take it back and queery it.

I guess ASDA should be fairly safe, they're probably buying from the cheapest distributor.

Reactions: 2 people

jocat44

I know my mums blood pressure tablets are in the same coloured box with foreign writing then some English stickers stuck over the top. My insulin etc in English at moment
Jo