Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes.
It was a very long night which included going over to my neighbour to tell them the Dutch equivalent of 111 told me to stay awake for at least for hours and longer if I wasn't stable by then, and to not be alone.
Neighbour and I played board games until 5 am while munching away, and the poor man had to get his children to school shortly after.

Are you asking from curiousity or did you just inject your quick acting instead of your basal?

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Not been given wrong insulin but have mixed up my Basel and Bolus ,

• Agree
Reactions: ElenaP and EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I've used the wrong pen more than once, and also put the wrong insulin in a pen. Not pleasant, and not something I want to repeat if I can help it.

Reactions: Charlotte73

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No. I keep my mealtime insulin by my place at the dining room table, and I keep my long-lasting insulin by my bed, because I inject it right before I go to bed.

Edited to add that I need to change my medications list on here - things are different since I've started posting here.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hi
The novopens i use come in different colours so on the odd time i need a replacement i ask my chemist (i have the best chemist in the universe) and he orders me the colour i want.

Odd story coming up.......

I was on a first aid course many years ago and the trainer told a story where a man had committed suicide by overdosing on insulin.
He injected himself went to work and died.....the details are vague but the trainer informed me he had taken 38 units of insulin.
38 thought i and i dwelled on this and on the 3rd day of the course i asked the trainer if the poor man could've taken the wrong insulin dose by mistake and was not actually a suicide ?
Evidently this had not occured to him (he was the paramedic at the time) and the story is an old one so we will never know.

It disturbed me at the time and i hope no-one minds me mentioning it and i cannot give any further details as there aren't any.

Tony

diamonddamaris

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I gave 7 units of NovoRapid instead of my Lantus last night by accident but realised immediately afterwards so started eating a shortbread traybake. Blood sugar went below 5 twice last night so took dextrose to fix it.

• Winner
Reactions: Antje77

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
It's unpleasant, but sometimes it happens. bolus instead of bahal is more pleasant than basal instead of bolus, because you can handle it in half an hour. Although with tresiba I don't feel if I duplicate the dose once, but with lantus it provided a sleepless night

I hope your shortbread was delicious

Screenshot_20220506_233855_com.vkontakte.android.png

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Most of us have done this and its the awful moment you realize what you have done thats the worst

• Agree

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yes. Got the tee shirt 2 or 3 times over. 38 units of NovoRapid instead of Tresiba. Just before bed. Up half the night trying to force down 460g of carbs! And it always happened when my BGs were on the low side as well.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I have different coloured pens plus insulin cartridges are different colours , and still done it , once is a mistake apparently twice is well whatever it is I’m way past it lol , will just go sit in corner with my big “ D “ hat on , ( oh am no wondering now if that is PC … Doh )

• Agree