Insulin pooling under my skin and some spikes

Shimmmer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been very careful about varying my sites and making sure the areas don't become bumpy, my skin (sites) is smooth but I can feel little blobs of hardness under my skin as well swelling of skin in the area. There is no redness or irritation at the sites so there are no infections but my QA insulin has decided its had enough and puts its self in lockdown.

How very dare it!:woot::***::)

Think my pen needles are too small and hope to inject with longer needles ( 10 - 12mm) because my good bg control is taking a hammering.

Has anyone else had any issues with 4mm needles?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Pre pump I always used 4mm.. I would always feel a bump under the skin after injection... as fluid has been added and takes time to absorb... for me normally gone in 10 to 20 minutes

But I do know some people had issues with 4mm which were solved by going to 8mm

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I have been very careful about varying my sites and making sure the areas don't become bumpy, my skin (sites) is smooth but I can feel little blobs of hardness under my skin as well swelling of skin in the area. There is no redness or irritation at the sites so there are no infections but my QA insulin has decided its had enough and puts its self in lockdown.

How very dare it!:woot::***::)

Think my pen needles are too small and hope to inject with longer needles ( 10 - 12mm) because my good bg control is taking a hammering.

Has anyone else had any issues with 4mm needles?
Do you rotate your injection sites? I try not to return to an area until 3 months after I moved. Your DN can check your injection sites and advise.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have absorption problems with 4mm and lumpy flesh. I rotate as much as I can but the lumpy areas do slow up absorption for an hour or so.