Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hello everyone, this is a question for all the people who use an insulin pump.

When you are having an intimate moment, where do you put the insulin pump?

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Thank you for your replies! I was just curious as to what would happen with it. As I don't know much about them, I haven't got one as of yet but my consultant is thinking of putting me on one

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi It comes off with everything else

Reactions: Kim Possible

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
The infusion part of the tubing stuck to the skin where the cannula is under the skin and where the tubing to the pump is detached from or nearby might cause chafing to one's partner and so may need to be covered.
And also because there is some risk of that cannula being dislodged - modesty prevents me from providing more detail !!
The answers above I am assuming are for pumps that are not directly attached to one's skin (what we call 'tubey' pumps, such as Medtronic, Tandem). See their sites for details
Non-tubey pumps such as the Omnipod cannot be detached without having to replace the pump reservoir/pump (sometimes called a 'patch' outfit) entirely.
So the answer will vary. Any Omnipod wearers out there with an answer ?? The Omnipod site will show you details of how the 'patch' is placed.
Tubey pump, the cannula sticky bit in the.....................a cannula
picture on left is separate to the connection...................with connection
part (going to the pump) seen in the second picture......piece directly connected, no tubing in between
..............................................................................................compared to the first two pictures
IMG_4544 (3).jpg ................IMG_4548 (2).jpg ..................................IMG_4612.jpg