Insulin resistance blood sugar levels?

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been trying to find what the range is for insulin resistance but can only find info for all diabetes types.
I have pcos and I'm sure my insulin resistance is getting worse.
I had a low sugar of 3.6 the other day. I hadn't eaten for about 4 or 5 hours.
I had a high sugar about an hour and a half after lunch. This was 9.8.
I had 3 slices of hovis low carb bread with Marmite and cheese, a few little Marmite bread sticks and 2 Jaffa cakes.
I take metformin 500mg at lunchtime, although I should take it at teatime as well, but I keep forgetting.

On the pcos Facebook page, someone said it sounded more like diabetes with sugars like that.
I also get very hot and sweaty too. I always wake in the night because my legs are wet from sweating. I am on 2 other meds which could cause that and I'm overweight.

What do you guys think? A trip back to the docs for another hba1c test? Not had one for about a year.
Any insights into the insulin resistance issue?
Many thanks

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been trying to find what the range is for insulin resistance but can only find info for all diabetes types.
I have pcos and I'm sure my insulin resistance is getting worse.
I had a low sugar of 3.6 the other day. I hadn't eaten for about 4 or 5 hours.
I had a high sugar about an hour and a half after lunch. This was 9.8.
I had 3 slices of hovis low carb bread with Marmite and cheese, a few little Marmite bread sticks and 2 Jaffa cakes.
I take metformin 500mg at lunchtime, although I should take it at teatime as well, but I keep forgetting.

On the pcos Facebook page, someone said it sounded more like diabetes with sugars like that.
I also get very hot and sweaty too. I always wake in the night because my legs are wet from sweating. I am on 2 other meds which could cause that and I'm overweight.

What do you guys think? A trip back to the docs for another hba1c test? Not had one for about a year.
Any insights into the insulin resistance issue?
Many thanks

I'm tagging @Sean01 as he is a good source of info for reactive hypoglycaemia.