Insulin Tablets

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
What are the tablets that am being told about that you take instead of injecting Insulin? have looked but can nto find a name for them....

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What are the tablets that am being told about that you take instead of injecting Insulin? have looked but can nto find a name for them....
There are no insulin tablets.
If you don't produce (enough) insulin you need injected insulin.

If you are producing insulin it can be that other meds are enough, there are many different diabetes medications.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I received an email saying there was a new pill that can be given instead of having injections sadly I deleted the email so will have to find out when I have my bloods done at the end of the month

• Informative

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got the email too, just found it in my email bin! Here’s a link to the article:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’ve had diabetes that long now even if they do invent such a thing as an insulin tablet I would still take it via injection, I take enough tabs as it is ,and the size of pen needles these days they aren’t anything like painful , and as far as injecting in public it’s easy to hide it I don’t btw , if people have a problem with it ……. tough

• Agree