insulin vials

sezabell

Dislikes
ravioli, chai tea and coffee, excerise, not having anything to wear, taking public transport
hi guys,
i am doing an assignment for school and have decided to look into ways to improve insulin vials for people with impaired vision.
i would just like to know - do u think there is a need to change the packaging on the vials? would u say that this is an issue?
your help would be greatly appreciated :)

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
I get my first VIAL today for my pump, so ill let you know!

You do mean insulin VIALS right? not Insulin Cartridges!?

jopar

An interesting concept

The containers, vials and insulin cartridges already come with brail, but even with this most blind people wouldn’t actually draw up there own insulin…

Vials would be very difficult for a partially sighted persons as you got to be able to see whether you’ve reached dose required and then ensure that you’ve haven’t got air in the syringe before injecting…

With cartridges you even though yes it is easier for a individual to set up there insulin pen, but you still got to have the ability to see the dose counter to ensure that correct dose is injected, as the rely on the click of the mechanism would also be a bit dodgy as it’s hard to hear, and some pens have a ratchet that doesn’t always depict a unit has passed, then you’ve got the problem at times when injecting, that you might have to change the cartridge to enable the full dose to be given, so you would have to know the amount of the dose you’ve haven injected, and the only way to find that out is to look at the dose counter to see what is left to inject!

sezabell

Dislikes
ravioli, chai tea and coffee, excerise, not having anything to wear, taking public transport
hey thanx for ur replies.
well i was thinking more the packaging, but now im thinking about the vials. i guess both.
i was thinking bold colours and writing somehow, but i think eli lilly and a few other companies have already done something like that with their packaging .. lol so i'm obviously a bit behind.
jopar u pointed out a few things i'll look into now so thanx heaps :)