Insulin won't work

Sadjers

Hi, I just had an awful evening/night. My blood sugar started rising and flat lined in the evening. A similar thing happened the evening before, but the levels weren't so high.
Last night I pumped 3x 12u shots of insulin with no effect. I also got a Fiasp pen from fridge and injected 16u but no effect. I could taste the ketones which measured 1.1. My sugar at the time was HI. I felt so nauseous and stressed.
I use omnipod with Fiasp.
I changed the pump the evening before.
I'm going to call my nurse today.

Any idea or thoughts?
Screenshot_20201123-065637_xDrip%2B.jpg

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
so does the drop from high back down to around 10 coincide with the pen injection of fiasp around 10 pm ??
if so i would think the pod needs changing again despite the fact it is less than 36 hours on ....alternatively are you coming down with any sickness or perhaps have an infection ??.

hope you get sorted soon .... high bloods are the worst !!

just for noting -- i am using novorapid on omnipod

Reactions: ert

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I recommend changing your insulin vial like @himtoo suggests, and going for a long walk every afternoon or evening. Contact your DN to ask about dose adjustment and pump delivery.

Reactions: himtoo

Sadjers

Called omnipod who said to change pod. When I looked at the canula I could see a kink. I believe this is the cause of my control issue. I think it was working when it was first fitted but I may have bumped it sometime and accentuated the kink.
I can't remember going that long without insulin before. I think I've been panicking.
Blood sugar falling fast now so need to get my basal rate back to normal.

Thanks for the comments and help.

Reactions: himtoo