insurance and replys

fred the frog

as a lot of you will be aware getting travel insurance can be a nightmare europe not to bad but worldwide difficult as I have never been outside europe before I had never tried for worldwide insurance before and I could not get any joining this community I asked if anyone had found anywhere after a few replys I clicked on and filled in the forms I got an e mail back at 2.02 pm on monday the 28th saying I would get a reply within 4 working hrs I am still waiting at 14.45 on the 31st its like hitting your head against a brick wall

JamesA

Diabetes UK have a recommended insurance provider that I've always used(only for European travel though).
You might try and check their prices.

Graham55

Hi,
I know this is not travel insurance its car insurance but E-Sure only ask if you have any medical conition that DVLA should be informed about and have you informed them, Thats it, they dont want to know what it is.
T2 Since September 2007.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Our travel insurance is provided through our bank account. I asked and they said we didn't have to tell them anything about health. Both of us have diabetes.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Dear jakeatyork
Our bank is Lloyds/TSB and it's through our platinum account.

Jacqhar

I thought I would never say this but there is a bonus in being over 50 - SAGA - their insurance is by far the cheapest I have found. They cover all my medical complaints and was by far the best Price i could find £124 for the full year although this does not cover America or the Carribean still leaves the rest of the world to choose from!!!!!

Jacqueline

jakeatyork

thanks hanadr i too have insurance via my bank , co-op and i spoke to them yesterday as i recently had a heart attack and i am now awaiting a by-pass,and they will no longer cover me re-my heart problems but will continue to cover me for other things i.e. diabetes so i too will have to obtain insurance before going away abroad,but thanks for your reply.

regards jake.