Insurance

masst1

so i have a t1 diabetes and it seems insurers still give me the same price as a normal person without t1 i did my research on this but i have been driving a new astra turbo on my mother in laws mobility for a while passed my test last November 2017 over 25 of course but i want go for my own car and i am still getting stupid prices even with the t1 included is it best to ring around and tell them ive drove this car fine for a while without issues give them the reference letter from the insurers from the motabilty and see how that goes or just go ahead with the comparison sites

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I've never had an issue with insurers and T1 (driving since 1979 in UK, Australia and now NZ). It seems that they rely on the driving license authority to determine whether you're safe to drive, and as long as you've got a license you're OK. (Having said that, I do mention it when I get a quote, but no one has yet cared. They just want to know that you haven't had your license taken away or restricted.)
Your stupid quotes will be because you've not had a license for very long and don't have an insurance history. I know my nephew in the UK (under 25) could only afford insurance because he had a monitor attached to his car that told the insurers if he did anything "naughty". Try googling black box policy.

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing