Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In Japan, in a soap manufacturing company the soap bars were made,
then wrapped in a wrapper automatically on an assembly conveyer belt
and finally packed in cartons...

Many a times it happened that the wrapping machine wrapped without soap. i.e. you had an empty packet without soap.

To rectify this problem the Japanese company bought an X-ray scanner from the US for $60,000 to check on the assembly line whether the wrapper had soap or not..

A similar problem happened at Lifeboy soaps, in Pakistan.. Guess what they did????

They bought a pedestal fan costing around 15 $ and placed it on the edge of the assembly line.
The empty wrappers, without soaps just blew away!!!

And You Say Japanese are Advanced in Technology.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Many a times it happened that the wrapping machine wrapped without soap. i.e. you had an empty packet without soap.

To rectify this problem the Japanese company bought an X-ray scanner from the US for $60,000 to check on the assembly line whether the wrapper had soap or not..

A similar problem happened at Lifeboy soaps, in Pakistan.. Guess what they did????

They bought a pedestal fan costing around 15 $ and placed it on the edge of the assembly line.

Hahaha well that was clever

SueLiz

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Reminds me of finding a solution to being able to write in zero-gravity. The US scientists spent thousands in research and development and came up with the Space Pen, which could write at any angle, including upside-down. Amazing technology at the time.
What did the Russian cosmonauts take into space? A pencil !!

Shiba Park

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reminds me of finding a solution to being able to write in zero-gravity. The US scientists spent thousands in research and development and came up with the Space Pen, which could write at any angle, including upside-down. Amazing technology at the time.
What did the Russian cosmonauts take into space? A pencil !!
Unfortunately just Cold War propaganda; NASA used pencils too, until Apollo 7. And very soon after the cosmonauts were issued with them too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Writing_in_space