Interleukin-35 seems very promising

Seeyay

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This research seems very promising. Am I right ?

"
A new Swedish study shows promising results in the treatment and possible cure, of diabetes type 1.

The researchers at Uppsala University used anti-inflammatory cytokines for the treatment of type-1 diabetes in mice. The research shows that the diabetic mice that received interleukin-35 improved the disease state and even cured some mice, with normal blood sugar levels and immune tolerance maintained.
"

http://www.progressisknowledge.com/...ing-results-for-treatment-of-type-1-diabetes/

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Yes it does look promising. Unfortunately it takes a minimum of 10 years to get a drug from the animal testing stage to being available for us to use, if all goes well. Most drugs don't make it all the way through the testing process because either they are not effective enough in humans, or they have side effects that are too severe. But, where there's life, there's hope... I am always optimistic about new treatments for diabetes... one day I hope there are more and better treatments available.