Intro!

Tinymcfc

Evening all.

I’ve done keto on and off for a while now, read everything I could get my hands on plus countless informative videos.

Ive had good success but always fell off the wagon as it were as soon as I felt great - stupid!

I’m back, ready to go and keen to ensure this becomes a lifestyle choice AND if I do fall off the wagon, to forgive and get back on.

I tested my blood sugars the other day and they were an astonishing 23mmol, I was devastated shocked and scared. I immediately quit the carbs and have introduced my best keto recipes and plan. My sugars have reduced to 10.1mmol (after food), still not good but it’s only been 3 days.

What does concern me, in a weird way, I that my ketones are 3.1mmol. It used to take me a good week or so to get to this level, should I be worried? Do I need to speak to my doctor?

My carbs have been around 20-25g per day (veggies), I’ve been for short walks. I have very high stress and anxiety levels right now, my mum passed away some 7 weeks ago and my dad is currently in ICU with Covid.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
are you already diagnosed with diabetes?
If so which type?

If not you need to see gp for tests

Sorry for your loss and worry and stress. It won't be helping but I think you should get tests