Sandgrownun
Newbie
- Messages
- 1
- Type of diabetes
- Family member
- Treatment type
- I do not have diabetes
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
Have fun!
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Marie
- How old are you? 68
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which country are you from? England but originally (came in 1962)from Guyana,
- Which city/area do you live in? Cambridge
- Are you religious? not really
- Pick three words to describe your personality. chatty fun (so i'm told) loyal
- Do you have any pets? no
- Microsoft or Apple? Apple
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? swimming
- Do you get angry easily? not really. but my husband might disagree
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? no
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Koi Boys. Mavericks. Pink UB40 Keith Urban
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Reggae
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping? once at 16.
- Ever been in love? yes even after 43 years
- Ever used fake tan? no
- Which countries have you visited? France Spain Italy Belgium Switzerland USA Jamaica
- Favourite city? Rome
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Only Fools and Horses. Still Game Line of Duty 24hrs in Police Custody/IN A&E
- List your five favourite films. Most Bonds
- Are you wealthy? comfortable
- Do you work? If so, as what? retired at 58
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Book Keeping / Accountancy
- What do you like most about yourself? can laugh at myself
- What do you like least about yourself? after being in hospital last year for 7 months I have no bum
Have fun!
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
Have fun!
nameCol
Hey. I’m Zaynab. I’m 14 years old. (February 2012) I’m British Pakistani. I was born and being raised in a Muslim family but I don’t believe in god. No pets (I’d love a cat tho and a Pomeranian dog). I get angry very easily. I like arctic monkeys and various composers. I like rock music though my favourite solo artist is Lana del rey. I’ve visited Dubai Pakistan and Qatar. I really like Lahore in Pakistan. My favourite show of all time is the tales of Arcadia collection. I’m studying media next year for GCSEs. Wanna be a film director. I like my creativity. What I dislike is my ability to let depression take over sometimesThis thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
Have fun!
- What is your name?This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
Have fun!
This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.
- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Catalystchris
- How old are you? 80
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? England
- Which city/area do you live in? Burton upon Trent
- Are you religious? Yes, but not practicing
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Friendly, inquisitive, harmless (see Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)
- Do you have any pets? No
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? None any more
- Do you get angry easily? Not so much now
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Genesis, Yes, Brubeck, Loussier, Beatles
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Classical, Rock, Jazz, and calm....must be tuneful.
- What is your favourite flag? Union Flag
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? Lots
- Favourite city? Barcelona
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Rumpol of the Bailey, Yes Minister, Monty Python, Downton Abbey, Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy (original) & The Good Life.
- List your five favourite films. Dr Zhivago, Ladies in Lavender, The Dam Busters (unexpurgated), Fantasia,
- Are you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what? Retired
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself? Optimism
- What do you like least about yourself? Pessimism
Have fun!
Mate! This sounds like my story, I. 64 male and last Christmas I got nerve damage in my leg, diagnosed with type 2, since then got a urinary infection which stopped me eating/sleeping for months, losed 2 1/2 stone? Do you think stomach/pancreas/liver- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
My name is JJ, or at least that is how I am known by most people.
- How old are you?
I am 52 years of age.
- Are you male or female?
I identify as male.
- Which country are you from?
The UK.
- Which city/area do you live in?
I live in the Reading area.
- Are you religious?
Not at all.
- Do you have any pets?
I have a lovely grey & white cat.
- Which countries have you visited?
Canada, Australia, New Zealand, USA, France, Spain, Malaysia, Singapore.
- Favourite city?
Sydney.
I am JJ. I recently had a bout of Acute Pancreatitis. I became a Type 3c Diabetic overnight. I am struggling to keep my blood sugars controlled, even though I have followed all the instructions.
Last week, my blood sugars dropped from 11.2 to 1.4 in an hour and I had to call out the paramedics. A couple of days later, I sky-rocketed from 7.1 to 16.9 in an hour and again, for no reason I can see.
I suffer with night-time hypoglycaemia. I rarely get to bed before 3am.
Before all of this happened, I was a happy, carefree guy who loved life and now I hate every single second of it. The fast-acting insulin has stopped working for me and no one I have spoken to in the NHS seems to have a clue about Type 3c. I spoke to a new Diabetic Nurse yesterday, who admitted she had never even heard of it. Then told me to treat it just like Type 1! It's ridiculous. I will have to pay to go private now.
I have big dark bags under my eyes, where I am sleeping so badly and the fear is always there, that I will fall into a diabetic coma and die. When I went down to 1.4, I could hardly speak. If I had been asleep when this happened, it isn't worth thinking about.
I just want some blood sugar stability. The weight is falling off me because I am not allowed to consume any fat until I have my gallbladder removed, in August. I'm not feeling very hopeful at the moment.
It is good to be here, though.
JJ.
Do you think stomach/pancreas/liver
problems are related with diabetes?
Hi @LeeAllan & welcome to the forumMy name is Lee
Im 70 man from Co Durham England.
I believe in one God
No pats
Unfortunately I use Microsoft
I like Rugby and F1
My favourite musical artists are David Bowie, Marvin Gaye, Queen, AC/DC, Etisalat Reading. Anything good.
I have visited too many to list and my favourite city is Madrid.
I like travel documentaries like Stanley Touchy and Michael Palin
Films Hacksaw Ridge, 2001 Apace Oddessey, its a wonderful life. Gladiator,
I still work in the travel business
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?