• Guest - w'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the 2026 Survey »

Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

Hi
Iam Helen
Iam 66 years old
Love nature animals birds and long walks
Interested in knowing about the 'Diabetes struggle '
As I will call it
I feel very happy Idiscovered this site
Feel truly blessed
Enjoy your day
Hello Helen, and welcome! How long since you were diagnosed with diabetes? It takes a bit of getting one's head round....
 
Include a photo here if you wish to.
No photo, nobody needs to see my face..

What is your name?
Heather

How old are you?
49 now, I was 46 when I joined.

Are you male or female?
Female, sometimes non-binary..

Which country are you from?
England, but live in Scotland, most of my Ancestry is Scottish (with a bit of Welsh, English and possibly Northern Irish).

Which city/area do you live in?
I live in East Sutherland, in the Scottish Highlands.

Are you religious?


Pick three words to describe your personality…
Cranky, Cynical and Crazy

Edited by mods to conform with forum rules.
Do you have any pets?
No, can’t afford to feed myself, never mind a pet. I feed wild birds daily tho.

Microsoft or Apple?
Sony

Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
Sport?

Do you get angry easily?
Kind of, these questions aren’t helping.

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
No, I’m not a sheep.

List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Nirvana.
The Boo Radleys.
Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac.
The Beatles maybe.
The Kinks..
I can’t really say I have favourites anymore, I like much more music than these 5..

What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Indie, Alternative, 60s Beat, Blues and Psychedelia, Folk, Acid Folk, bit of Punk and Motown.

What is your favourite flag?


Ever gone camping?
Yep.

Ever been in love?
No.

Ever used fake tan?
No, I’m not vain or a sun worshipper.

Which countries have you visited?
Only Wales, Scotland and England. Can’t afford a passport. £100?

Favourite city?
Don’t really have one. I like Inverness. Manchester is my home city. Liverpool is cool. Places, I love Whitby, Fleetwood, Scarborough, The Peak District, (especially Buxton, Bakewell, Hathersage and Castleton). Up here local villages. Orkney. Shetland. Forres is cute.

List your five favourite TV programmes.
I don’t have a TV, because I can’t afford a TV licence, but I watch stuff online on U, ITVX, C4 app, Pluto TV, Tubi, Apple, YouTube and OK.RU. Favourite TV would be something from childhood. Like with Tony Hart, or Kids programmes. I like Slow Horses.. Recently been watching Miss Marple on U. I miss Top of the Pops.

List your five favourite films.
Legend.
The Lost Boys.
A Kind of Loving.
The Smallest Show on Earth.
Contact. Or Stand by Me. Or The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth. Or…………….

Are you wealthy?
Yeah, no….

Do you work? If so, as what?
No, on Universal Credit/LCW

List the subjects you study/have studied.
Environmental Science at degree level, but dropped out.

What do you like most about yourself?
Me

What do you like least about yourself?
Diabetes

Edited by mods to conform with forum rules
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top