groovydaz45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!
Hi Folks,

I was diagnosed earlier this year. After the usual few days of shock and worry I decided to read up on the condition and here I am. I'm monitoring BG regularly and Mmo/l levels are consistently in the 4's and 5's. I've cut down on my vice, alcohol and made changes to my diet drastically reducing my carb. intake. I've instigated a walking regime that has seen me walk nearly a hundred miles this month and have lost nearly a stone and a half. In short, right now, I feel positive!

I'm not a huge forum user but I do like to lurk now and again to see what's going on! Good positive vibe about this place folks. I like the wallpaper too.

Reactions: 2 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@groovydaz45 - Hello and Welcome to the forum.:). You seem to be doing very well, got a blood glucose meter and testing, and lost weight too = Well Done. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have.:)

Big Jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Iv'e just recently been diagnosed with type 2.Iv'e lost 2.5 stones within weeks but I needed to lose weight.I'm on 1000mg of slow release metformin twice a day and I feel better but my left foot is numb a lot and Iv'e got to switch back and forward between my new tv glasses to my old tv glasses as my sight changes throughout the day.I just hope it gets better as it gets me down too.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Big Jim - Hello and Welcome to the Forum:). The blurry vision is caused by the circulating glucose in your blood. But, as you gain control of your blood sugars the blurry vision will decrease. Well Done on your weight loss.