Intuition v meter Actually

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Work day so was up at 4.30 this morning. Sugars last night 5.6, had pre bed snack which I know will see me wake between 6 or 9. Usual basal , pen in use for last 4 days with no problems.
13.2 on rising ( 13.4 on back up meter ). DP??? Very doubtful so early in morning for me.
At this point I just have that feeling that if I do a correction dose with my breakfast it's going to end up messy later on. But hey the meter is telling me otherwise.
So did I go intuition or meter?
Actually bit of both. 1/1 carb ratio on breakfast, at 13 I would need 1 unit of insulin to drop me 2 on the meter. But something somewhere is telling me use my intuition.
So ignored intuition and had 2 unit correction dose to hopefully hit 8/9 later on, didn't take 3 unit correction dose because deep down I knew something wasn't right.
2 1/2 later ............... 3.2. ******!!!!!!!!! Why didn't I trust my intuition?
Still no idea why I was high but looking back I now realise that my little friend and companion ( diabetes) was taking the p**s
P.S have no idea how the word Actually appeared on the thread title, I blame the diabetes.

Last edited:

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
You need at least 3 days of this to find a pattern. A pattern you can then react to. Otherwise...its life on this wagon.