Irritable legs at night

Shaun Wooler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The only way I can explain restless legs syndrome is, it feels like, have you ever had that butterfly feeling in your tummy? Well it's the same feeling but in your legs but an awful sensation my legs used to feel heavy, I wanted to walk around in the middle of the night, bang them on the floor and no way could I sleep but with the ropinarole ive been prescribed I no longer get the symptoms.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, I just remembered this, a GP should do a blood test in case of a low blood count/anemia, which alone could contribute to RLS.

action replay

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
SELFISHNESS AND GREEDY PEOPLE :)
I've been T1 for 43 years and had restless leg syndrome for about 7 years, I've been prescribed Ropinirole tablets, the medication is for Parkinson's Disease which I don't have but works wonders for restless leg syndrome, I take 2 at night, hope that helps.
Hi Shaun,
I take two Ropinirol at night and if I forget to take them, I am awake all night playing scrabble!

rosalindp

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all I'm t2 and now suffering from the same. I'm on 2000mg met.

I find that it improves if I take Magnesium pills. I think that the Metformin somehow causes Mg deficiency. (I'm fine when I'm not on Metformin.)

Note: Try to take the Mg pills at a different time of day/night to your Metformin. You don't want to risk some kind of interaction....

~ "Fear is wisdom in the face of danger." - Sherlock Holmes

KevinMurphy

I am T2 being taking apple cider vinger and it works wonder one table spoonful a day only taking it 6 weeks no more cramps or leg trouble

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Sometimes I have the same problem
I think the problem in blood circulation Because of blood clotting and cholesterol You must do sports

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
Every night I get irritable legs. I don't know if it is connected to diabetes. I'm T1 . I don't know what to do with my legs . I need to keep moving them , rubbing them and stretching them. Exercise makes no difference. . Any suggestions?
I have T1 and am also a double-stroke survivor of 6+ years. I used to suffer from this a great deal and, after watching a program on TV, came to the conclusion that I suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome. I took some advice that was offered in the program and started taking 650 mg of Magnesium an hour before going to bed (or as soon as it started in the evening). I can't say that it always works, but has made a tremendous difference to my sleeping.