Is anyone taking Domperidone

sugarmog

Is anybody here taking Domperidone for either diabetic issues or non related problems? I was diagnosed type 2 a few weeks back but have slowly been lowering my glugose levels ever since I first started self testing. I had assumed that a lot of this was due to a reduction in the severe stress that I had been experiencing as a result of a non diabetes related problem. The most improvement was last week, when my evening pre and 2hr post food tests returned results that would almost be considered as non diabetic. However I have now realised that all this coincided with starting a course of Domperidone (again for a non diabetes related issue). I stopped taking this on Sunday and am now starting to register slightly higher readings again.

I've done a bit of research but the only information I could find regarding Domperidone and glocose levels was this report from 1986 which does seem to suggest that it can increase insulin levels and help with the conversion of glucose, although presumably the test was carried out on a non diabetic subject.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3540081

However, given that Domperidone is regularly used to treat diabetic gastroparesis I would have thought that any effect on blood glucose levels would be more widely acknowleged and discussed.
Does anybody here have any experience of the effects this drug can have?

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi Sugarmog, yes I am taking Domperidone 10-20mgs four times daily and it does help lower my B/G levels as it helps empty my stomach contents instead of "sitting there". In this section of "Ask a Question" search for Gastroparesis and there is a good link given by Cugilla last December 16th 2010, regards, Debra x