Is Dvla Putting Lives At Risk

dolphin0983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently I presented a Visual Awareness test to DVLA I have to do this every year due to having Laser treatment, after a month the answer came back that the Medical Adviser had cleared me to drive, however they wanted me to fill in an application form not had to do this before.
They received the application on the 29th June as they said it would take approx. 3 weeks to deal with the application I waited for the 3 weeks then phoned the unhelpful help desk. The person I spoke to said that my application had been opened on the 5th July and were dealing with it at that moment phone back this afternoon was the suggestion. I phoned back in the afternoon to be told that the application had not been opened until the 11th July and had at that time not been looked at. Although a little annoyed I left it for a further week and phoned back again this time to be told that it had been fwd to the Medical Advisers when I asked how long this would take I was informed that they were at that time dealing with applications made in December 2015 ie 8 months previous.
I then complained almost with return of post I had two letters saying I did not satisfy the criteria as a clerk had made a mistake.
The worrying thing about this is are they using clerk in place of Medical Advisers if this is the case it putting Road users lives in danger.
The other question did they take umbrage and got their revenge for the complaint. I am awaiting a reply from the CEO, but not holding my
breath..

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wouldn't imagine a clerk made a medical decision. Did they perhaps mean the clerk did the paperwork wrongly?

If you're concerned, ask for a full explanation.

dolphin0983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't imagine a clerk made a medical decision. Did they perhaps mean the clerk did the paperwork wrongly?

If you're concerned, ask for a full explanation.
yes this could be the case, however, the first letter said a Medical Adviser had approved the test results the seconthe test.d said a clerk had made a mistake reading the results of the test. So no it was a clerk advising on

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yes this could be the case, however, the first letter said a Medical Adviser had approved the test results the seconthe test.d said a clerk had made a mistake reading the results of the test. So no it was a clerk advising on

Ah, ok. To me, that sounds like someone didn't read the right box or do the proper checks before giving you the information that it had been approved. But I can see why you read it the other way as it's not really clear. I assumed a clerk had misread what the medical adviser had recorded and so passed the wrong information to you.

Whichever it is, it's still very annoying for you. You'd think they'd be more careful.

dolphin0983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, ok. To me, that sounds like someone didn't read the right box or do the proper checks before giving you the information that it had been approved. But I can see why you read it the other way as it's not really clear. I assumed a clerk had misread what the medical adviser had recorded and so passed the wrong information to you.

Whichever it is, it's still very annoying for you. You'd think they'd be more careful.
Actually it was very clear as there was much more saying it was the clerk and saying the clerk had been spoken to that she must check more carefully.

Reactions: 2 people