Is it prediabetes?

Citroenut

You will also see that tomatoes and all fruit except rhubarb are on his "no-no" list. As other people have pointed out, you can get vitamin C from many vegetables. It is extremely improbable that you have ever suffered from scurvy, which would not develop until you had been completely deprived of vitamin c for a very long time.

But tomatoes have very little sugar , only 4 grams per 100 gram. I do not understand why they are no-no. Also it was not full scurvy but I only ate meat and eggs during approximately a 6 week. It seems like flirting with scurvy to me. Some little scratches took forever to heal and after that I thought I should eat some fruit and veggies. To be honest I do not like to eat veggies at all. Tomatoes atleast taste pretty good. I could pop a vitamin c pill but I would prefer to get it from the food.
I have a neighbour who is very thin and does not have a diabetes. I measured his fasting blood sugar and it was 5.0. His postprandial after the large plate of oatmeal was 4,0!!
From what I have learned here I think that the most imortant thing is to get the posprandial blood sugar figures under control. That means eating many times and small portions. On the other hand Jason Fung says that we should fast, fast, fast - every snack rises insulin and that makes you more insulin resistant.
Take a look what Shawn Baker thinks of his high blood sugar:
https://www.shawn-baker.com/the-meat-blog/2018/5/1/k3o1g0w5ej4zydt54sxfdtbqtju7eg
According to him the inuits have fasting blood sugar of 120!

Last edited:

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@Citroenut, just to understand - you came on to a diabetes website forum to share your anxiety about not having prediabetes and your fear you would get it? And now a year later come on to share your extremely healthy HBA1c (4.9%/30), and your anxieties around that?