Is it RH?

hughinoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All.

I am type 2 for over 3 years & take 4 metformin a day & have had good HBAC1 results. I don't test (I suffer severe anxiety especially health so doing testing induces it so trying to avoid)

In last 6 weeks I have been trying extra hard to eat better & follow low carb diet & drinking more water than I was as I noticed I was napping alot in daytime. I defo feel better in feel have more energy than I have in while & I'm defo not sleeping in daytime.

However I still have days where I feel tired that I remedy by closing eyes for 1 minute or so then am back to feeling normal like I have had shot of caffeine or cattle prod. I noticed this seems to mainly happen in evening 3-4hrs after eating but though I've had good few days I had same issue in daytime. My eating change has mainly been in last 3 to 4 weeks as i now do 3 low carb meals a day with some snacking. just wondered about other experiences as feel the RH symptoms sound similar as though I suffer from anxiety I have noticed a few anxiety symptoms after eating.

It happened today. Breakfast was peanut butter on brown bread (had my 2 metformin as well as 1 litre water) , I had lunch 3hrs later which was 3 boiled eggs & apple. I wasn't majorly hungry after late breakfast but thought I best eat while wee boy napping. About 1hr after lunch (4hrs after breakfast) I had the close eyes moment then 3 to 4hrs after lunch I had another moment (1st experience if 2 in same day) does this sound like RH or am I following wrong avenue of possible reasons?

TIA

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi All.

I am type 2 for over 3 years & take 4 metformin a day & have had good HBAC1 results. I don't test (I suffer severe anxiety especially health so doing testing induces it so trying to avoid)

In last 6 weeks I have been trying extra hard to eat better & follow low carb diet & drinking more water than I was as I noticed I was napping alot in daytime. I defo feel better in feel have more energy than I have in while & I'm defo not sleeping in daytime.

However I still have days where I feel tired that I remedy by closing eyes for 1 minute or so then am back to feeling normal like I have had shot of caffeine or cattle prod. I noticed this seems to mainly happen in evening 3-4hrs after eating but though I've had good few days I had same issue in daytime. My eating change has mainly been in last 3 to 4 weeks as i now do 3 low carb meals a day with some snacking. just wondered about other experiences as feel the RH symptoms sound similar as though I suffer from anxiety I have noticed a few anxiety symptoms after eating.

It happened today. Breakfast was peanut butter on brown bread (had my 2 metformin as well as 1 litre water) , I had lunch 3hrs later which was 3 boiled eggs & apple. I wasn't majorly hungry after late breakfast but thought I best eat while wee boy napping. About 1hr after lunch (4hrs after breakfast) I had the close eyes moment then 3 to 4hrs after lunch I had another moment (1st experience if 2 in same day) does this sound like RH or am I following wrong avenue of possible reasons?

TIA

Hi again, I can only give you my experience of having similar symptoms.
I got a referral and a diagnosis because of having similar symptoms. But I definitely was having a hypo, because the doctors tested me. These hypos/symptoms were both caused by porridge for breakfast. Because by the time I went hypo, that was around three hours after breakfast.
I notice that for breakfast you have toast, and surprise, surprise, three hours later you have the symptoms and you have to eat.
Regardless of diagnosis, that bread or even the peanut butter could be one of the reasons for the symptoms. Or even all three. Do you know if you have a peanut allergy or intolerance? Do you know if you have a wheat or gluten intolerance?, do you know if you have a dairy intolerance, like I do (lactose intolerance).
If I started the day with bread, I would be on a rollercoaster ride of my blood sugar levels going up and down all day.
Having something that will raise your blood sugar levels so early in the day, will give you a problem with how you are feeling throughout the rest of the day.
And one of those symptoms is fatigue along with lethargy, your energy levels will drop and you need to rest.
Do think about how you are going to discover what is happening.
Because of the needle phobia, would a cgm be out of the question?

Stay safe

hughinoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi again, I can only give you my experience of having similar symptoms.
I got a referral and a diagnosis because of having similar symptoms. But I definitely was having a hypo, because the doctors tested me. These hypos/symptoms were both caused by porridge for breakfast. Because by the time I went hypo, that was around three hours after breakfast.
I notice that for breakfast you have toast, and surprise, surprise, three hours later you have the symptoms and you have to eat.
Regardless of diagnosis, that bread or even the peanut butter could be one of the reasons for the symptoms. Or even all three. Do you know if you have a peanut allergy or intolerance? Do you know if you have a wheat or gluten intolerance?, do you know if you have a dairy intolerance, like I do (lactose intolerance).
If I started the day with bread, I would be on a rollercoaster ride of my blood sugar levels going up and down all day.
Having something that will raise your blood sugar levels so early in the day, will give you a problem with how you are feeling throughout the rest of the day.
And one of those symptoms is fatigue along with lethargy, your energy levels will drop and you need to rest.
Do think about how you are going to discover what is happening.
Because of the needle phobia, would a cgm be out of the question?

Stay safe
Hi again.

Thanks for your input again. I do not have any intolerances & I thought brown bread & peanut butter was strange allowance but it was listed on low carb meal Plan suggestion so did it for first time today like I said in comment on other thread I have felt normal for past week exc today & 1 other dip(had 1 high carb food for convenience that I mentioned in last comment on prev thread) I just posted today cos of double dip I had (2nd surprised me as it was 3 to 4hrs after eating lunch that I thought would fix low bg that may have caused 1st dip).

Until I can get past phobia I will for now just work on eating & try not to veer off foods I know are OK for me as proven to me by success of feeling better most of past 7days.

Im still hoping it's getting used to my new better eating(I read the post showing as pin about RH that mentioned jumping from high yo low carb eating can affect you), as well as lockdown impact as I've had no issues until November.

Could I be on too little metformin or is it maybe not working?

To add I've just had another dip at 10.30pm . 3.5hrs after dinner of macaroni (white macaroni pasta) then 10g carb/6g sugar yoghurt. I'm now leaning towards high BG being cause even though I've not had other symptoms eg not hungry or peeing more than usual

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamont D