1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

is it worth it

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by ewan, Sep 29, 2013.

1. ewan

ewan · Well-Known Member

enquired about 'the pump' told i have to do a 4 day carb counting course, they've booked me on it! 4 days ? I don't know a great deal about counting the buggers, just use common sense, dont eat a lot of them! so is it really worth 4 days ?

cheers all

2. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Apparently yes. I am booked for 5 days and can make better use of my time but I have only heard good things from those who have attended. Ultimately, it's your body. Do you want better control ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

3. Tracey69

Tracey69 · Well-Known Member

Hi Ewan,
    I read your post but i don't know about the pump.
    But i have been diabetic 38yrs this tear and my diabetic nurse suggested buying the Carbs and Cals book to help me control my sugar levels and the a mount of insulin i took.
    Whether this would help you before you try the pump I'm not sure.
    What has made them talk about the pump.
    I have 4 injections a day and 1000mg twice a day Metformin.
    Hope all goes well with what ever you decide.
    Take care
    Tracey

4. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah it is mostly worth it. doesnt just cover carbs itll cover exercise and loads of other stuff.

5. ewan

ewan · Well-Known Member

thanks all, since i think carbs etc and exercise are common sense just puzzled why so long, but you can never know to much

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook