Is marijuana good for diabetes?

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is the most informative book on the weed I ever came across.
It explains the junk and manipulated science that throws up the negative results to keep the petrochemicalpharmacutical industry happy.
It exposes the lies.
In the first edition of the book the author offered a hundred thousand dollars to anyone who could refute his claims ... anyone ... individual corporation scientist doctor researcher etc ... no one ever claimed the hundred grand and the offer ran for twenty years.
You can read it chapter by chapter here ...
http://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Skunk is not as strong as the best resins that were available in the sixties and seventies.
People are not educated about this stuff but common sense says don't drink whiskey in pints like you do beer.
They both contain exactly the same substance ... ethyl alcohol but one you drink in little glasses the other in big jugs.
People should do the same with skunk. It's the whiskey of the weed world.
A major problem is people just want to get off their faces to the point of oblivion these days whether it's weed booze or whatever.
An experienced smoker knows that a tiny bit can be exhilerating and have you working hard thinking fast. There are many types too but the choice has mostly gone.
There are not just different strengths. People are stuck in a rut of different strengths. There different types that act differently. Creative restive exciting mind blowing tripping thoughtful meditative.
Sadly as with most things these days choice and knowledge have been swept away.

LittleWolf

It's nice to have an old timer here who also understands the importance of knowing your body, choosing your strains and being sensible, not just trying to get as off your face as possible.

Does it really send your blood sugar through the floor @_@ sad to hear it. The only time I've had hypos were sober reactive hypos and after drinking alcohol (the meter just said 'Lo') but then again some people can have a glass of wine with their meal and feel fine.

I tend to make sure lo carb snacks are on hand or eat beforehand. Some strains are more munchies-inducing than others... Like bubblegum!

It is still possible to obtain 'Thai', which is more like what your parents used to smoke. I found it made me quite meditative and found myself studying the bible for hours afterwards.

Yeah.

Of course I'd like to reaffirm smoking of any kind isn't going to be great for you. I gave up a 20 a day cigarette habit for one joint a day but for those who would rather not, raw cannabis is a good dietary supplement (NON psychoactive) and cooking with cannabis is a good idea for relaxation, vasodilation/lowered blood pressure and pain relief.

My caution would be to those who already have hypotension

My endo pills cause hypertension so it balances out.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

thebassist84

jake60 said:
This is the most informative book on the weed I ever came across.
It explains the junk and manipulated science that throws up the negative results to keep the petrochemicalpharmacutical industry happy.
It exposes the lies.
In the first edition of the book the author offered a hundred thousand dollars to anyone who could refute his claims ... anyone ... individual corporation scientist doctor researcher etc ... no one ever claimed the hundred grand and the offer ran for twenty years.
You can read it chapter by chapter here ...
http://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

I read that book! He's an interesting guy! Its true what you say tho. No one has ever been able to refute any of the books claims. I'm not a stoner or anything but I do think cannabis should be a real alternative to alcohol. Alcohol made me so ill so many times that I gave it up! I would still like to cut loose tho and my few experiences on weed suggest it is a relatively safe alternative, if not safer based on the evidence. As for effect, it is totally different, more spiritual IMO. It seemed to stabilise my sugars tho but that was probably relative to the strain. More call for research I think. Very interesting thread! Lot of good information!

tiffblue18

i can't give you any article or any proof that i have researched all i can tell you is what has worked for me. it has been a great help for me. since being diagnosed with type 1 my body has started breaking down at a rapid rate no matter how well i manage my glucose levels and eat healthy.its developed into a kidney diesase and now liver problems and i almost died because of a blood infection 3 years ago. my doctor actually suggested that i start smoking weed because she says it can help with the queasy stomach and it also helps me to eat at my scheduled times even when im not hungry. she also said its beneficial because it keeps my stress levels down and as you probably know stress can spike your sugar levels as well. i would say do whats right for you. if you over stress or have a hard time eating or even have other medical problems that have added up since getting diabetes i would say maybe try it for a week or so and see if it helps and if not then don't do it :) hope i helped

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Smoking weed actually cleans your lungs.
Don't believe it?
Read the book.
If everyone had a couple of plants in the kitchen window it's reckoned fifty percent of industrial drugs would become redundant.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
jake60 said:
Don't believe it?
Read the book.
If everyone had a couple of plants in the kitchen window it's reckoned fifty percent of industrial drugs would become redundant.

But does it get coffee stains out of man made fibres? That's what I want to know. :D

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
GraceK said:
jake60 said:
Don't believe it?
Read the book.

But does it get coffee stains out of man made fibres? That's what I want to know. :D
:lol: Probably!

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
All you ever needed to know about street drugs in under two minutes.
Spiders on drugs.
[youtube]sHzdsFiBbFc[/youtube]

thebassist84

Saw this when I got up, its another study supporting claims that cannabis is good for diabetes. Here's a quote.

"The subjects of the study that used marijuana had better control over the blood sugar than non-users had. Remarkably, marijuana users were also shown to have a smaller waist line than non-users despite having a higher caloric intake. The finding is this study are making waves in the scientific community as more and more states move to decriminalize cannabis"

And here's the link.

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/ ... kPErUt1.99

thebassist84

The impact of hemp being re instated as a legal crop would be very interesting for the petrochemical industry too! I was reading about the ability to make bio fuel and plastics from it. Think about it, climate change, fuel poverty, underdeveloped countries. If 1% of the earth was dedicated to hemp, we wouldn't need to burn emissions to find oil! Why are we doing this to ourselves when there is an organic alternative? If I was an alien, I'd laugh at humans! We are controlled by corporations!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's only illegal because of the oil pharma paper industries.
Hemp in all it's forms became a problem once industry could make and manipulate long chain molecules.
Nearly all modern drugs/medine is manufactured from coal oil natural gas.
Ropes are made of nylon as are sails and on and on it goes.
The seed oil is one of the healthiest food oils on the planet for birds fish and man.
I read one guy in a book a long time ago say that making it illegal and pumpng out the propaganda they have over the years is akin to the devil stealing one of Gods most important gifts to man.
Please read the book linked below ... scroll down a little and there are all the chapters.
This book and his life long fight are what has led to medical marijuana becoming legal in many states across America now.
Medicinal marijuana is exactly the same as any other marijuana.
Link to book: http://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hemp in all it's forms was one of the most important crops on the planet and without it civilisation would not have advanced anywhere to the point it has.
Hemp has built nations by way of sailing ships building materials food clothes medicine paper.
Then came Dupont and a few others and thousands of years of trouble free cannabis use suddenly became full of trouble.
The propaganda we are forced to swallow on a daily basis about all manner of things is quite staggering.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Spark up and enjoy those who partake - it's a free country. No one can take that away from you yet :) :) :) for my own view, I don't need drugs to feel good :)

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
martwolves said:
Only the illegal drug users are justifying and condoning the product. Will this thread never end? People have had their say 50+ times and I agree with their rights to do so. Hasn't everything been said yet? Oh, forgot some of the mods use it. Ah...silly me. As you were. Some people may need it as a crutch and feel better about themselves, so try to make it sound reasonable. If it works, good for you, I wish you well. I make my own self esteem, really, if I were a moper going nowhere with no civic responsibility or strength, I WOULD consider using it and lining a drug-pushers pocket. However, I don't need this in reality and work hard and get rewarded by doing some good and having respect and recognition and this makes me feel good. Goody two shoes with no need to take illegal substances signing off. Spark up and enjoy those who partake - it's a free country. No one can take that away from you yet :) :) :)
Very few people use cannabis as a crutch because it isn't the kind of drug that you can use as a crutch!
People have used it for pleasure and as medicine since the dawn of time.
Are you suggesting Queen Victoria was a waster or Richard Branson ... how about Francis Crick or President Obama ... Bill Gates George Soros Carl Sagan I could go on and on but it seems you don't like people doing that regarding this topic.
Most of the ten billion quids worth a year smoked in the U.K is smoked by the middles classes who seem to be doing just fine.
NHS hasn't collapsed under the strain ... the strain :lol: but I'm going to guess you use alcohol and it wouldn't cross your mind to have a go at how many pages long that topic became despite it costing families so much despair the NHS social services etc etc.
It's a free country you say so go out and enjoy your poison mate and a poison it is ... officially that is.
Alcohol is chemically classed as a poison but that's ok.
I think we can safely ignore your rather ignorant swipe at members and mods here thank you.