Is there anywhere you can't bear to inject?

LucyM88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hate it when I hit a small blood vessel. Can't bear to inject top of my arms or stomach, mainly stomach because of my lipodystrophy

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was always up for anywhere really before the pump, but it wasn't until about 8 years in to my diagnosis that I started using my stomach......

this was likely down to the fact I was very slim as a child, unlike now, where I would eat anything put down in front of me......

When you look at the needles used today and even back then, they are tiny, and if you get a fresh one on as much as you can you just don't feel anything, so anywhere was fair game.....

;)

Reactions: 2 people

PamelaJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you I'm new to this so was a bit concerned this morning. Once a day lantus at the moment, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong

rimibar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't think anyone's mentioned this so far but how about calves? That is the only place I won't inject in. I remember being on a 'BDA' camp when I was 8 - in the Outer Hebrides no less - and they asked me to try a new site. Just don't it "knacks"!!!

Desbrina

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
My legs. I used to inject my long acting there but ended up with painful sites. No issue since switching to tummy

grandadfroggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have just been prescribed insulin at night (am Type 2 with meds). Did try and explain I am needle phobic. Only solution, my wife does them around my bottom rotating and changing position, am next trying arms again from behind so I cannot see the needle. Yes I know it is only a little needle, but a needle none the less. Use the idea of rubbing the area first with an ice cube really does help, which I believe her indoors read somewhere on here !!