Is This low- carb breaf?

mike@work

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
12g of fibers and 15 grams of carbs per 100g.. does that mean that 100g of this bread contains 3g net carbs? I’m on a Keto diet and I really need some Keto friendly bread...

Hello there @abealti !
I doubt you have found a good keto product, mostly because solrosfrö (sunflower seed) has 20g carbs per 100g seeds. Did you by the way also notice, that in this bread there is ALSO rye flour, malt made of barley and so on...
The amount of carbs is 15g, and this kind of notation is common in all Nordic countries as far as i know.

Greetings from Finland / Hälsning från Finland
Hope the "scands" are readable :)

Reactions: Sue192 and miriamy

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
Unfortunately, Herman Brot don't seem to post overseas - is that right, @Tipetoo? Your figures are excellent in that test :)

However, I think I may have cracked it on the low-carb bread front! Could you make your own, @abealti? I made the super seed bread in the recipe book by Dr Cavan and Emma Porter for non-LC friends and the whole loaf was scoffed. It's a winner for me and really tasty, with a rye-bread type texture. I can't seem to find that particular recipe online but the book is worth buying for that one alone! Of course one slice may be too much for those on VLC, or who find bready things a trigger.
Do you know the carb content for a portion of that?

Reactions: mike@work

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @miriamy - off the top of my head I think the carbs were 7g a slice. I'll have a look later and confirm. The slices are quite small but due to all the seeds, the bread is really filling.

Reactions: miriamy

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The carbs per slice are 6g. The recipe states 18 slices but I'll get more than that out of the loaf. Ingredients are mixed seeds (two thirds of which you grind to a fine consistency), gr almonds, chopped nuts, s & p and a bit of nutmeg (I didn't have this, but I think you could use any herb/spice), eggs and water. I used a 2lb loaf tin. :)
Super seed bread.jpg