Is this normal ??

Heblady

I get up at 5.45am..do my work ( walk miles etc) I just have a coffee.
At 9am I have breakfast and the metformin pill ( up till this stage I am brand new..feel great)
As the day goes on I get more sluggish..by evening meal time ( 6.30) I feel unwell and often just cant eat much..I have a light lunch at 1pm. :?
I work for myself , with Animals..I work long hours, hard work and I hate feeling like this :(

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Do you know what your Bg levels are through the day, that would be helpful to know.

Heblady

NO they wouldnt give me a meter..They advise me I dont need it ( type 2) :?: I just go to the clinic evey 12 weeks..last time my levels were averaging out at 7.5 over the month
I am so busy/stressed I dont have much time for ME at the mo..and I dont like feeling so rotten
The early morning is great..I feel so Normal..and sooo good :D

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
You dont need a meter....... :roll: They would say that, it is the stock answer to many usually governed by cost constraints. I'm a Type 2 and without my meter I would have no idea what is going on. An average tells you absolutely nothing at all.......it misses any highs and lows which could explain why you feel so rough over the day. Many buy their own meters and manage to get strips prescribed, if not then sometimes we have to buy them for the sake of our health.

If you don't want to get yourself a meter and test for a while....that's obviously your choice. It's not something I would recommend you do........you need to test.

There is also the fact that what you are experiencing can be down to many things, many unrelated to Diabetes. I would suggest you discuss how you are feeling with your GP.

Appreciate that you lead a busy life but as a Diabetic meals are important, the type of foods and also the portion sizes. Your eating habits may be contributing to the way you feel ? Without some testing you will never know !

IssyH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Go get a meter!. You can get them for free for some manufacturers.

What exactly do you eat for brekky and lunch?

What, how much, and when do you drink?